STOP SPOILING HARRY POTTER!

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

STOP SPOILING HARRY POTTER!

Post by Jenner »

Some of us are too poor to read it you gloaters >.<
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's why I'm avoiding all Harry Potter posts until I read the entire series. Might be September before I join in on any HP discussion though...
-G1

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Yea I've been trying to avoid going anywhere on the internet that there may be a Harry Potter Book 7 spoiler. I remember that a couple days after the 6th book was released someone made some sort of movie that flashed a storyline event from the 6th book.

I hate it when people spoile things in books, movies, games, etc. That ticks me off when I'm trying to enjoy a good story and then some moron runs arond shouting: "*INSERT SPOILER!!!* *INSERT SPOILER!!!*" Well they don't say: "Insert Spoiler" but you get the idea. If they were running around saying that, I'm sure the men in clean white coats would come after them. :lol:

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

How fast is everyone reading it? I know some got it done the first night or whatever? I only have a chance to read it late at night and I only get in about 5 chapters in like 3 hours.. sometimes I have to reread things because my brain is going dead around that time. Am I just slow as hell? Well I'm a little more than half way through..about another 3-4 nights.. and yeah, please no spoilers.. it's really sad if someone is getting a joy from this, go outside and graffiti a wall or something... <---- this is an attempt at sarcasim if no one knew.. :roll:
Last edited by AnimeJei on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You're the only person I've seen who has the book and didn't read it Saturday/Sunday. I started sometime Saturday night, probably around midnight, and finished it around 5am or so Sunday morning.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Alunissage wrote:You're the only person I've seen who has the book and didn't read it Saturday/Sunday.
I know, I'm very special :P
Image"Sample my goods!!"

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I too have been very cautious around the internet. I thought I'd be safe from spoilers, but get this. I go to see the Order of the Phoenix with a friend of mine and during the movie some IDIOT yells out a big spoiler for the 7th book along with what page the spoiler occurs on. @_@

I wanted to shoot him. I wonder if he made it out of the theater alive. xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's seriously messed up. I'd be surprised if he made it out of the movie without at least getting some nasty comments. I heard around here that people who read the spoilers online before it came out went to various places that had lines and screamed the spoilers out. Why do people find the need to go that far out of the way just to ruin someone's day? It's really messed up.

And BTW, with all the talk of the book, not many have mentioned the movie. I thought it was awesome! I can't wait until I get to that book though. 800 pages being crammed into the shortest Harry Potter film means there had to be a lot of missing stuff.
-G1

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Like I said, those people who go out of their way to spoil it for others have no life. (I should have said IMO, I forget you have to do that online now because people think you are passing on your beliefs :P ) Yeah, OotP was a great movie, I liked it much better the second time seeing it. They did very well for the time they had and yeah, loads of things were left out >< The original was 3 hrs long so they cut 45 minutes off.. maybe they will show the longer version on ABC.. they usually show the Potter movies with extra scenes. It's sad it's over now.. I didn't get into it till around after PoA was release (book)..so I didn't get into all the Potter hype till late.
Last edited by AnimeJei on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

AnimeJei wrote:How fast is everyone reading it? I know some got it done the first night or whatever? I only have a chance to read it late at night and I only get in about 5 chapters in like 3 hours.. sometimes I have to reread things because my brain is going dead around that time. Am I just slow as hell? Well I'm a little more than half way through..about another 3-4 nights.. and yeah, please no spoilers.. it's really sad if someone is getting a joy from this, go outside and graffiti a wall or something...
spraying graffiti on a wall is a far worse offense than shouting a spoiler for something.
GhaleonOne wrote:That's seriously messed up. I'd be surprised if he made it out of the movie without at least getting some nasty comments.
i assume that the nasty comments are they payoff for the behavior. afterall, how much fun would they have if people yawned or shrugged right after they did it?
AnimeJei wrote:Like I said, those people who go out of their way to spoil it for others have no life.
one of my pet peeves right there. it is astonishingly arrogant for someone to believe that their beliefs, customs and behaviors are what constitute an actual life.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh, well, the publisher of the books has taken a very strong stance on spoilers. They are so strict about revealing spoilers, that they left out 33ish pages in some books. =O

That was pretty funny though, sucks for the readers.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

GhaleonOne wrote:That's seriously messed up. I'd be surprised if he made it out of the movie without at least getting some nasty comments. I heard around here that people who read the spoilers online before it came out went to various places that had lines and screamed the spoilers out. Why do people find the need to go that far out of the way just to ruin someone's day? It's really messed up.

And BTW, with all the talk of the book, not many have mentioned the movie. I thought it was awesome! I can't wait until I get to that book though. 800 pages being crammed into the shortest Harry Potter film means there had to be a lot of missing stuff.
Yea I read the 5th book when it was released, there were some things in the book that should have been in the movie. But for whatever reason they decided not to add in another 30-45 minutes it would have taken to cover some of that. They took out quite a few things that I personally thought should have been in the movie. What things were those? Read the book and find out. :P

If you ask me it's best to read the books before seeing the movies because the movies often leave out important storyline details that explain a lot of things barely touched in the movies.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Someone took pictures of the book pages and posted them all over the internet about five days before the book was released. I was amused yet appalled at the same time.

The movies leave out a lot of things that I would prefer them to have. I'm really not sure how they are going to fit all of book seven into a movie. The last four or five chapters (including the epilogue) really need to be shown in their entirety.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"