Video game music remixes!

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
LuciaOne
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Video game music remixes!

Post by LuciaOne »

Okay.. I'm sure a lot of you know about these sites, but if you dig video game music, in the slightest bit, go here!

http://www.vgmix.com
http://www.ocremix.org

I have downloaded probably about 500 megs off of these sites (they let you download all MP3s for free), and I love them. A lot of them aren't that great, but some are amazing. There are, yes, cool Lunar remixes - such as djpretzel's remix of the oldschool Lunar: TSS English theme- http://www.ocremix.org/detailmix.php?mixid=OCR00214
There's lots of killer old school video game music remixed, so ya'll should check it out ^_^

My personal favorite remixer is SuperGreen X, he's my hero! He does an awesome job with a remix of "Forgotten days" from Suikoden II, 2 awesome DDR songs (even if you don't like DDR, and are a techno fan, you will *love* 4F73R M3 - the Abyss remix- and Kick Your A, a remix of "A"), and he does a sweet and beautiful Ico song remix.
http://vgmix.com/search.php?username=Su ... ow_songs=1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The OC Remixes are awesome!

I didn't know they had a site with everything on them, though. I just had a few from Chrono Trigger and Tales of Phantasia. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh, yes!

I've downloaded some from ocremix, and do more from time to time. My favorite Lunar one at the moment is Orange October (Lunar 2), by QuinnFox. Otherwise, I feel really strongly about a few of the Earthbound ones, like the Dreaming on Distant Shores one by Rellik, and the ones by Spekkosaurus. :D

I'll have to listen to SuperGreen X though!

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

I've listened to some of the tracks in both. kewl!8)

Have you guys checked out Gaming FM ?? http://www.gamingfm.com

Pogi
Pao Hunter

Post by Pogi »

If you have Winamp, you could listen to the radio. They got Modern, Classic, Mixed gaming music :)

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

And they have live requesting system which allows total 8 votes per hour
which are divided to
complete 1,
modern 2,
classic 2,
total pc 3.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Good Luck With Finding a Singer^^

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

I'll have some videos of me playing video game music soon. I may do a Lunar song or two. Any requests? Anything is fine, from solo piece to full orchestra. I won't tell you WHAT I'm playing that is so versatile to do all that and no, it isn't a piano ;)
-Rich-

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Full orchestra please, drumlord!

Oh, and I've been going to these two game remix sites for quite some time. They're great, and the sequencers are buffed with talent. Great stuff!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

drumlord wrote:I'll have some videos of me playing video game music soon. I may do a Lunar song or two. Any requests? Anything is fine, from solo piece to full orchestra. I won't tell you WHAT I'm playing that is so versatile to do all that and no, it isn't a piano ;)

Oh, a fellow kazoo enthusiast, I see!

Nah, really, it's likely an electric organ. I've seen some crazy stuff go on with electone players in Japan. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

You know...put enough people with enough kazoos and you get some amazing results. No really. In high school we recorded like 10 people playing the star spangled banner on only kazoos. It was fantastic. Fantastically horrible anyway. But man was it funny, hehe.
-Rich-

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

For some reason, I always wanted the basic, original Zelda theme. It reminds me of my inner child.

Or something like that.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.