Sailor Moon

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sailor Moon

Post by MaroonChan »

Okay, I checked if there was any topics on this first, but there wasn't so I shall post it! Anyone a fan of Sailor Moon? Yeah, I don't expect many. Heh, not that many fans since its pretty old now. Well, kind of. But anyway, I'm a huge fan! Was several years ago when I was in 6th grade and middle school. I wasreally obssessed. Then, it died down. Then, I started watching the DVD's again and got hooked again. Mostly due to Sailor Moon S, which is one of my favorite seasons. Anyway, any other fans?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The first two or three seasons that aired on Toonami where great, the rest after got annoying. Very. Between Sailor Moon's more new voice actor/voice/whatever that made her sound like a whiny emo, and then the whole massive recycling of clips for battle scenes, and on top of that Sailor Moon suddenly acting like she was a 5 year old who's icecream feel on the ground whenever something bad happens to her.... (I guess after keeping her ralative cool throughout the beginning of the series she finally lost her nerve, or her nerve lost her.)

So yeah, what can I say, I like the first seasons and one of the movies I saw was certainly alright, but I lost intrest after nearly throwing a brick at the TV. It's really a shame too.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Oh yes, I was so sad when they changed the voices. The first ones were so much better! Though for 3rd and 4th seasons the editing did get better. Though its a shame they never seemed to be able to settle on attack names.

Heh, well I think Sailor Moon basically acted like that most of the series. I mean she has her moments where she's crys a lot, and others where she acts very strong.

The first season is a tad bla for me. The other seasons were done better. Espeically Sailor Moon S which is the 3rd season. The battle scenes were way better. The movies are good. I love the Sailor Moon R movie! The first one! Its awesome!

The manga from what I remember from reading some of it years ago was done better. Its a shame the anime didn't follow it better. I mean it did follow it, but not exactly, you know?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah, I was a fan back in around 8th-10th grade or so.

No laughing. I really did like it.

I still kind of like it today. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

It was a good series. I just got sick of it at one point. But then slowly returned to it. I've been obsessed for like a year since then. I've spent so much money on Sailor Moon goods since then. Ha, I sometimes make my family watch it. And I managed to get two of my friends back into it. :D

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Ha...I was one of the biggest SM fans I knew. I still have stacks of SM stuff. Sailor Moon S was my favorite season. I've always liked the outer senshi(sailors) better than the inner senshi, excluding Sailor Chibi (Mini) Moon. Rini was always my favorite. Sailor Moon R would probably be my second favorite season. I never really liked Sailor Moon SuperS. The original season was better to me than SuperS.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Yeah, I still got some of my Sailor Moon goods, mind you their not in great condition. My newer stuff is in better condition. Chibiusa/Rini is cool! If I ever go to a convention I might like to cosplay as her as Super Sailor Chibi Moon. That or her in her princess form, or Super Sailor Moon, or Princess Serenity. That or Edward from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

No laughing. I really did like it.
Me too.

I liked it back in middle school. At the time I had to keep it mostly hidden. The only time I reached out, to an all-female group that liked Sailor Moon, they just laughed at me, though they were surprised when I could answer the question one girl (their Sailor Jupiter) asked.

But yeah. For a long time I was enraptured with Sailor Mercury. Now I just like the show, though it's been a while since I've seen it.
If I ever go to a convention I might like to cosplay as her as Super Sailor Chibi Moon.
I said that for a long time. Now by friendly instigation I'm trying to get a costume ready for Dragoncon. It's taken about 4 years or so for me to get the courage.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

I used to watch it back before it was on Toonami. I think ABC aired it in the mornings around 9 or 10. I remember staying home and watching the show.
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

I think that is when I watched it. I kind of liked SM, never really was a FAN of it, but it was cool. I may watch it again with that tv site I found.
Success is measured not by the number of trials you overcome, but the difference you can make with what you have learned from them.~rpgman~
A single rose cna be my garde, a single friend my world ~I dunno~

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I can't ever say I was a huge fan of Sailor Moon (or any other Anime in particular), but I will say that I've caught the odd episode here and there while channel surfing, and it was quite entertaining.

From what I've seen of it, I can understand fans of Lunar enjoying Sailor Moon. It seemed to have a similar blend of lighthearted irreverent humor and emotional drama.

Hmm... is it on DVD by chance?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

it was actually the first anime i started to see because i could only watch CN crap. i found other anime later and felt like i went from mac n' cheese to steak.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I can't ever say I was a huge fan of Sailor Moon (or any other Anime in particular), but I will say that I've caught the odd episode here and there while channel surfing, and it was quite entertaining.

From what I've seen of it, I can understand fans of Lunar enjoying Sailor Moon. It seemed to have a similar blend of lighthearted irreverent humor and emotional drama.

Hmm... is it on DVD by chance?
Yeah, it is. I know you should be able to find DVD's from seasons 3 and 4 pretty easily. I bought mine all on ebay. I bought the uncut ones. And man, its so much better uncut and subbed.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Personally?

I'm pretty familiar with sailor moon...

And I like the characters of Galaxia and Mamoru, oddly enough. I've RPed both of them before.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

I used to get blasted back in Middle school. I didn't hide the fact that I loved it at all.

I really need to get off my arse and buy the DVD's. As the show made me happy and giddy. Can't even say how much I loved it!
ImageImageImage

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:i found other anime later and felt like i went from mac n' cheese to steak.

Hey I like Mac'Ncheese!!!!!!!! :evil: :P
Success is measured not by the number of trials you overcome, but the difference you can make with what you have learned from them.~rpgman~
A single rose cna be my garde, a single friend my world ~I dunno~

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

maybe i'll check out some sailor moon someday when i wanna feel ghetto. lol

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Big Sailor Moon fan here as well... not just in the past, but in the present too. I still watch the S movie every year as part of a Christmas tradition (if you haven't seen it, well, let's just say that Santa Claus makes an impressive entrance in one scene).
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:Big Sailor Moon fan here as well... not just in the past, but in the present too. I still watch the S movie every year as part of a Christmas tradition (if you haven't seen it, well, let's just say that Santa Claus makes an impressive entrance in one scene).
I remember that scene! Ha, its great! :lol: Personally my favorite is the Sailor Moon R movie. I love that one! I've watched it dozens of times. The Sailor Moon Super S one is good too.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

MaroonChan wrote:
Dragonmaster Lou wrote:Big Sailor Moon fan here as well... not just in the past, but in the present too. I still watch the S movie every year as part of a Christmas tradition (if you haven't seen it, well, let's just say that Santa Claus makes an impressive entrance in one scene).
I remember that scene! Ha, its great! :lol: Personally my favorite is the Sailor Moon R movie. I love that one! I've watched it dozens of times. The Sailor Moon Super S one is good too.
The R movie is definitely a better movie than the S movie, but the S movie is a fun "Christmas" movie. :) Need to watch the Super S movie though. I've had the DVD for a while, but I've just been too lazy to watch it. :(
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com