Random New Movies

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Wafrea
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Random New Movies

Post by Wafrea »

I love movies as I'm sure everybody else does however I was so happy to hear knews on the following I wanted to spread the joy :P

Disney is making the next Narnia Film, " Prince Caspia (sp)". There is an English version of this entire series that is actually really good. So far that version to me beat the new disney one, hopefully they will do better next round.

The one i'm really exited about "Constintine 2" I know people dont generally care for Reeves but I'm glad to say hes coming back with the hot lady who was his co star. Although still not to take place in London supposdly it will take place in more locations than just L.A..

Batman " DarKnight" Same director same main actor and the amazing Miacheal Caine! Also to star Heath Ledger as the joker, and Aaron Eckheart as two-face ?...lets hope they don't over do it :P
Lunar :TSS & SSS
Lunar :EB & EBC
The only Lunar games worth playing

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

OMGOMGOMG :shock: That sounds awesome. When are they coming out?
Success is measured not by the number of trials you overcome, but the difference you can make with what you have learned from them.~rpgman~
A single rose cna be my garde, a single friend my world ~I dunno~

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I have lots of love for the Narnia series, and I'm most definately looking forward to seeing them all play out in movies. I'm most excited about "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" and "The Magician's Nephew," though.

On the subject of movies, I went and saw "28 Weeks Later" last night, and it's pretty freakin' awesome. I'm really hoping they make a third movie in this series. "28 Months Later," anyone?.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I never read the Narnia books, but the WLW one that disney did was awesome and I loved it. I also have the SE Soundtrack and the not so SE basic DVD. *sigh* Of course, I've read recapps on all the books after watching WLW so I was kind of pissed to find out how the very end is.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Of course, I've read recapps on all the books after watching WLW so I was kind of pissed to find out how the very end is.
I REALLY don't want to spoil anything, but I'm curious why? It's different than expected, but if all you read was a recap, you lost the entire feel of how it was done. It was done very well, in fact, and made a pretty good point at the end.

And for the record, the Narnia books have easily surpassed any other fictional book series as my absolute favorite book series ever. It very well equals Lunar to me at this point.
I'm most excited about "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" and "The Magician's Nephew," though.
I personally can't wait for "The Horse And His Boy". That was my favorite of the books. The Last Battle is at the top too, but I don't see it making as good of a movie. In fact, I see a lot of people complaining about it having an ending like Lord of the Rings, and how there were complaints about the 30 minute ending to it. Half of that book is an "ending" to the series in a sense.

Edit: FYI, I moved this over to the Anime, Music, Movies and Books board.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I found the ending of The Last Battle very, very depressing. Such a horrible thing to happen to the one person who was left behind in "this" world. I know the analogy Lewis was making, but I think it was disproportionate.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'm just saying, I hate depressing and sad and certainly very inexpected endings.

It doesn't ruin my overall likings of a series, but it does put a hamper on what I specifically like or want to see in my entertainment. CoN isn't the only series/books to get me depressed.

His Dark Materials ending, I cried for well over an hour, and my heart litterally heart from being broken for several weeks after.

I still feel a bit depressed and empty at the ending of Bridge to Terebithia.

LotR had a good but depressing ending. I honestly didn't want it to end, but at least my expectations where meet. Aside from that massive battle not being all that massive. "We're winning!" Whoops, here come the rest of the army. "We're losing!" Whoops, here comes aid! "We're Winning!" Never mind, here comes more enemies. "We're losing!" Nevermind, Aragorn showed up! "We're winning, we won!" Darnit, still 50 bajillion orcs preparing behind the wall to reinvade. "We're losing!" Wait, the ring was destroyed and all the orcs where insta'pwned! "We won again!" All in like, 30 minutes. O_o Too many changes in too short a time. In TTT, at least that battle went on for a good portion of the movie :D Would have loved to see the same for RotK.

Back to what I was getting at, I feel a lot of emotion with what I watch, listen, and read. So any ending that isn't happy leaves for a very depressed and sad Phyco. Even if there was a good point to it, I should add.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Alunissage wrote:I found the ending of The Last Battle very, very depressing. Such a horrible thing to happen to the one person who was left behind in "this" world. I know the analogy Lewis was making, but I think it was disproportionate.
I presume you're talking about Susan? I definately wasn't happy with how her character was treated in the end. That was pretty much the only thing I had a problem with, though.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I was just trying to avoid spoiling too much. But it really upset me. All this wonderful stuff is happening to the other kids AND their parents, meaning that Susan is left with no one at all. I'm very close to my family, and that sounds pretty much like living hell to me.

Wafrea
Saith Pirate

Post by Wafrea »

The narnia series was awesome save for the last book as mentioned before. I don't care for movies that make me sad when I leave. Call me a kid but when I pay for something I want to be happy. lol I don't like getting kicked in the nuts for , what is it 8 bucks now to see a movie?

anyway.....batman!!!!
Lunar :TSS & SSS
Lunar :EB & EBC
The only Lunar games worth playing

RPGMan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by RPGMan »

The Batman movie sounds AWESOME. I just hope they don't make the same mistake they made with spiderman 3 *shudders* ANyone who saw it knows what I am talking about :P SUrprisingly, I have only read and seen the lion the witch and the wardrobe. I will have to see and read more then. I kind of like seeing depressing movies sometimes, like when you go to see a horror movie, you want to be scared, challenged, and almost mystified. People like being scared, to the most part, that is the same reason why I like sad movies, it just feels real in a sense, not like the cookie-cutter based happy movies.
Success is measured not by the number of trials you overcome, but the difference you can make with what you have learned from them.~rpgman~
A single rose cna be my garde, a single friend my world ~I dunno~

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I still don't understand this immense "depression" over the final book in the Narnia series. You're given all of, what, maybe a paragraph about that? The entirety of the ending is supposed to be joy. One person doesn't die and everyone sees that as sad, but personally, I see it as it wasn't her time. Remember, all throughout the book series, Aslan says you are never told anyone's story but your own. I take that here as well, in that there was more to Susan's story than what was in the books. There was more to everyone's story than what was in the books for that matter.
-G1

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Don't forget Live Free Or Die Hard and Transformers :D
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

GhaleonOne wrote:I still don't understand this immense "depression" over the final book in the Narnia series. You're given all of, what, maybe a paragraph about that? The entirety of the ending is supposed to be joy. One person doesn't die and everyone sees that as sad, but personally, I see it as it wasn't her time. Remember, all throughout the book series, Aslan says you are never told anyone's story but your own. I take that here as well, in that there was more to Susan's story than what was in the books. There was more to everyone's story than what was in the books for that matter.
Mickey, she had to live for the rest of her life without her parents and her three siblings after losing them all at once. "Sad" doesn't begin to cover that. Maybe it's an excess of imagination on my part, but think about what it would be like if everyone you knew and loved were killed. That's what I thought about when I read that book, and I knew that life without my parents and sister would hardly be worth living. Maybe, maybe the intent was that it wasn't her time yet and she'd join them eventually, but she has to live with that tragedy first. Even if she thought they were all happy and everything, and there's no reason to think she would, there's still the loss for her to cope with. And it just seems disproportionate.

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

RPGMan wrote:I just hope they don't make the same mistake they made with spiderman 3 *shudders* ANyone who saw it knows what I am talking about :P
I loved Spider-Man 3. I think I know the scene(s) you're referring to, though.

I'm also really looking foward to Live Free Or Die Hard.
And even Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. I liked the first one, but it was nothing special. This one actually looks pretty awesome.

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Live Free or Die Hard is going to fail so bad, in 20th Century Fox's desperate attempt to cover up the lack of creativity in Hollywood they are forcing a sequel and ignoring the originals for the sake of opening it to a larger audience.

PG-13......for shame 20th Century Fox.

Yippee ki yay mother goose.
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

DeathBeforeDenial wrote:PG-13......for shame 20th Century Fox.

Yippee ki yay mother goose.
I know... How do they expect that to work? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)