Matisyahu...

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Matisyahu...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just curious if anyone else has listened to his stuff? He's a Jewish reggae artist with some really good positive vibes. I heard about him a little over a year ago, but didn't give his stuff a listen through until last weekend on my vacation. I have to say, I was pretty impressed. If you like reggae, check him out.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I haven't listened to him very much, but I really enjoyed his song Jerusalem. I think I'll try to listen to him some more.

Tai Dandora
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Tai Dandora »

I used to listen to him awhile ago. I was addicted to "King Without a Crown" for so long but then stopped listening to him. I'll probably download his "Youth" or "Live at Stubb's" album soon.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I don't have "Youth," but the "Live at Stubb's" album is pretty much amazing, and I can't even say that I'm a fan of reggae. I don't share his religious beliefs, which he sings about almost constantly, but good music is good music.

Just make sure you listen to the live version of "King Without a Crown." I heard the studio version, and it just didn't have the same spark.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm the same way actually. I got hooked on Live At The Stubb's as well. Though I've finally heard Jerusalem right before I posted the topic, which is off of Youth and wasn't done on LatS and have to say, it's my favorite song of his and one of my favorite songs period the more I listen to it. I heard both a live and the studio version and still can't tell which I like more.

I agree on King Without a Crown though. The live version is better than the studio version. I've heard he's really amazing live. It's funny too, because he doesn't look even close to what most reggae stars look like, but maybe that's because he's dressed in Hasidic garb in most of the pictures I've seen. But yeah, while I'm not Jewish, I can still get a lot out of the songs. Most of it still vibes well with my own religious background anyways (since so much of the material is based on ancient Israel themes like Moses and King David). Anyways, I agree, it is just plain good music.
-G1

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

I have Youth i really enjoy listening to it but its tough to compete with bob marley i dont have any room left on my ipod i cant devote too much space to raggae.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I'm not really impressed I have to say. I listened to him a while back and he doesn't hold a candle to someone like Marley.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Ozone wrote:I'm not really impressed I have to say. I listened to him a while back and he doesn't hold a candle to someone like Marley.
I wouldnt go as far as to say i wasnt impressed, he definately puts his own twist on the raggae genre. Marley is like the hendrix of raggae i doubt he will ever be topped.