Pirates 3

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Pirates 3

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Discuss! :D

***As always, spoilers ensue so watch out.***

Personally, I didn't enjoy it that much. It was okay, but it wasn't as great as I was led to believe. I still like the first movie the best. The other two just don't fit. They have a different feel to them, and I don't really like it. :?
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The first one was seriously far more child friendly than 2 was, and likely 3 as well. Also, it seemed close to the realm of lore and whatnot. 2 was so far out there even people who tell myths of pirates would laugh at it.

I haven't seen three, I want to, it's hard to seriously disappoint me, however I want to see it more to see how it ends.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

It amused me. That's about all I asked for.

I really liked the whole pirate circle, and all the cute little parts. My expectations weren't high, and were exceeded by that account.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

SPOILERS!!!!!

I was disappointed. The length made it kinda unenjoyable. That whole scene where Jack was going nuts was almost completely unnecessary and wasted something like 20 minutes. I wasn't impressed by Orlando Bloom's or Kiera Knightley's acting, per usual, and the actor who plays Davy Jones just flopped (in terms of acting) as soon as the character got romantic. I really did enjoy the action scenes though, they were VERY well done, especially the opening action sequence. I loved that line "go ahead, he isn't our man" xD That was priceless. There were a few other really good comedic parts and Keith Richards was just awesome. Overall, Geoffery Rush (Capt. Hector Barbossa) and Johnny Depp carried Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Anyone else have flashbacks to Attack of the Forty Foot Woman when Calypso was released? The ending also left me unsatisfied, though I give it props for irony. Depp has said that he's not opposed to doing a fourth movie, which, personally, I think would be great since it would have minimal Bloom and Knightley and more Deep and Rush.

END SPOILER
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

I loved it. I must say, I think it was my favorite of the three. All the main actors did a great job, the action was great, the sets were amazing as per usual, and the whole movie just flowed. Sure, it wasn't brain surgery, but it always wasn't stupid, and it didn't try to insert some insipid message about love and family at the end. It was exactly what it advertised - just plain fun.

Although, I have to say, please - no more movies. It was a fun little trilogy, can we not kill its fond memories by turning it into a cashcow years after years? (That's what ever expanding DVD sets are for, guys!)

Brian
Saith Pirate

Post by Brian »

Here's what I think...

I really liked it. I'm such a big "Pirates" fan that the length didn't really bother me.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I thought it was good. Not as good as the first, but better than the second. I was extremely tired when I saw it opening night though, so I had a lot of trouble keeping my mind focused on the last battle, considering it's length. I might go back and see it again next weekend with some family that hasn't seen it.

And for the record, I actually thought Kiera Knightly did a great job. She almost took over the main role of the movie from Cap'n Jack considering how her role has gradually increased as the movies came out, and I thought she did an outstanding job.
-G1

Royce
Nanza Bandit

Post by Royce »

I can't wait to see this. Me and my friend might be going tomorow. :) How long is it anyway?