Dir En Grey Realeased in the States

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Dir En Grey Realeased in the States

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

The latest Dir En Grey album was released in the states on February 20th of this year, and as far as I know save for Japanese imports it is the first American print out there. These guys are one of the few J-Rock bands I like, and this album just blew me away, it was fantastic. Does anyone else have any comments about this? What did you allo think of it? Also, FYI, for my fellow Diru fans out there, they're also going to be openning for the Deftones in an upcoming tour this year, so keep your eyes peeled!
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

I love Dir En Gray, i saw them in concert and they rocked.
Today is two days before the day after tomorrow.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

japanese music is WAY out of the norm in the US. i'm curious to see how well sales are here. i don't know anyone that listens to japanese music legally.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Yeah, they're freakin' daffy in concert. I'm a hardcore Diru fan to be sure, just got tickets for the Deftones concert on the seventeenth. Can't wait.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Yeah, I saw them in concert in February, absolutely amazing. My sister works with Dir en Grey. She went on tour with them during the Family Values tour last summer. They're really sweet. She'll be working with them again on this Deftones tour. I'm so jealous, she gets to work with all kinds of Jrock bands. She's going to the Jrock Revolution concert in L.A. this weekend. I want to be there so bad! :cry:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

so the group speaks english or she speaks japanese?

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Eh, half and half actually. The lead singer Kyo doesn't speak a lick of English, but Dai the guitarist can. Their English varies from each member lol. My sister just completed her third year of Japanese, so she speaks the language decently. With their powers combined, they get by the evil language barriers. :P
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Grey Fox
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Grey Fox »

As rad as Dir En Grey are, I wont be happy until I see a Pillows album released over here.
No ma'am...no your computer isn't broken, you are...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

LuNaRtIc wrote:Eh, half and half actually. The lead singer Kyo doesn't speak a lick of English, but Dai the guitarist can. Their English varies from each member lol. My sister just completed her third year of Japanese, so she speaks the language decently. With their powers combined, they get by the evil language barriers. :P
due to this fact, she HAS to have funny stories.

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

I saw them when i went to the Family Values tour with Korn. The audience hated them, kept booing and stuff. i think they were pretty cool tho, kinda calm on stage but they were ok

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

not a shocker. i wouldn't expect an audience of korn fans to show respect.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Korn is musically inferior, thus, they attract a crowd that is intellectually inferior.... WOW! Life imitates art!

I'm actually not a Dir En Grey fan, I just think that Korn is terrible.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

That's hysterical, because Korn LOVED Dir en Grey. They partied a lot together while on tour. My sister has some video of Korn in DeG's bus during one of these parties. Very funny actually. :lol:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ozone wrote:Korn is musically inferior, thus, they attract a crowd that is intellectually inferior.... WOW! Life imitates art!
So... because I like some of Korn's music, I'm stupid?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

phyco126 wrote:
Ozone wrote:Korn is musically inferior, thus, they attract a crowd that is intellectually inferior.... WOW! Life imitates art!
Oi, what is it with everyone these days? So sensitive. Phyco, if you can't take a prod, let it go or I will be forced to make you eat one of your friendship rings.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

I dig some Korn, but alot of it doesnt do all that much for me. As for people booing them, thats just ridiculous. Even if you dont appreciate the music, you have to appreciate the fact that they are artists and have certainly made a name for themselves, especially if their influence extends over here to the states.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ozone wrote:
phyco126 wrote:
Oi, what is it with everyone these days? So sensitive. Phyco, if you can't take a prod, let it go or I will be forced to make you eat one of your friendship rings.
No thanks, I'm quite content on not letting things go. :)

To be truely honest, I wasn't hurt by the comment, but I thought that since I do like some of Korn's songs, I would ask that :P

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

phyco126 wrote:
Ozone wrote:
phyco126 wrote:
No thanks, I'm quite content on not letting things go. :)

To be truely honest, I wasn't hurt by the comment, but I thought that since I do like some of Korn's songs, I would ask that :P

Most of it was sarcastic, actually all of the first bit was sarcasm. The only non-sarcastic bit was the last part. C'mon, you've been posting with me for a good 10 years at least, you should know these things by now.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

if i DID like any of korn's songs, i still wouldn't go to a concert due to idiots.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I wouldn't go to a concert for any person, I'm very anti-large amounts of people.

Ozone, why do you think I didn't get mad/hurt? Though, for the record, sarcasm is just a tad difficult to detect in written form, and on the internet no less. :P

Not quite 10 years though, I haven't quite been around that long. *says the guy with the long grey beard and white hair*