Harry Potter

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Harry Potter

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

I don't know about you, but I'm a Harry Potter and i was wondering for those out who have taken the time to think about it. How do you feel the series will end?

I feel as if Harry will die, for he is the seventh horcrux. and RAB is Regelus Black, pardon the miss spelling, its been awhile since i read the last book.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Whoa. How do you know he's the seventh Horcrux? Personally, I doubt very much that that is the case.

Though yes, RAB is Regulus Black.

I don't know how it will end. I'd like for it to end happily. Perhaps Harry will lose his magic powers.

As silly as it sounds, I just don't want him to die.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Spoiler alert!!!!

Lockehart is a fake!!!

Yeah. I ruined it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

[quote="Sonic#"]Whoa. How do you know he's the seventh Horcrux? Personally, I doubt very much that that is the case. [/quote]

I see it as they don't know what it is and when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, he became the seventh horcrux because Voldemort transfered some of his powers into Harry. I would also love to see Harry live but I'm just not seeing it.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ah, no. As I understood it, it was the mother's spell, older than any of the magic in the world, that protected Harry. He was intending to kill Harry, and this countered it... there was no intention of making a Horcrux for Voldemort. It's a totally different thing.

True, he shares certain qualities with Voldemort now, but that doesn't make him a Horcrux by any means.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Simply put, Harry Potter has to die because otherwise JK Rowlings will never get any peace because fanboys and fangirls will be constantly writing her for more Harry Potter stories.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ozone wrote:Simply put, Harry Potter has to die because otherwise JK Rowlings will never get any peace because fanboys and fangirls will be constantly writing her for more Harry Potter stories.
I dunno... Arthur Conan Doyle tried the same thing with Holmes, didn't he? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Kizyr wrote:
Ozone wrote:Simply put, Harry Potter has to die because otherwise JK Rowlings will never get any peace because fanboys and fangirls will be constantly writing her for more Harry Potter stories.
I dunno... Arthur Conan Doyle tried the same thing with Holmes, didn't he? KF
WAIT! I just had an idea!

So JK Rowling kills off Harry in this book. But, like with Sir AC Doyle, fans start begging for more stories even though Harry's dead. Thus, we have...

ZOMBIE HARRY

It could totally work. I'd get more into a Zombie Harry Potter series than the regular one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

And then the Zombie Harry books will have more than 7 volumes. More fanstuff! xD
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

I just hope that if ron and hermione are alive they won't do a spin off series.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Even if she DOES kill Harry off, she will never have any peace, because fans will be sending her angry fan letters for the rest of her life. xD lol "NOOOOOOOOOO! JK!!! HOW COULD YOU!?!?!"

OH! BTW, how are character pairings looking? I haven't finished Half Blood Prince yet, (found it rather boring) so I don't know where everyone romantically stands lol.

***POSSIBLY SPOILERTASTIC!***
Harry had a crush on Ginny, right?

I really like the idea of Harry/Luna. The fangirl in me hopes they pair up. xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

SPOILERIFIC!
Yes, Lunartic... Harry has the nosebleeds and blushes for Ginny ^_^

And Rowling has said repeatedly that she would only write 7 books. She can still change her mind, but... I don't think she kill Harry so she wouldn't have to write more. I mean, she's had the ending practically since she started, and though a few things have changed... I don't think that has.
Sonic#

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Sonic# wrote:SPOILERIFIC!
Yes, Lunartic... Harry has the nosebleeds and blushes for Ginny ^_^

And Rowling has said repeatedly that she would only write 7 books. She can still change her mind, but... I don't think she kill Harry so she wouldn't have to write more. I mean, she's had the ending practically since she started, and though a few things have changed... I don't think that has.
I dunno, personally, I think that the only way for the story to have a relatively satisfactory ending in any fashion is for Harry to die. If he goes on to be a wizard it's far too happy an ending for a story that is supposed to get as dark as this one should get, if he loses his ability to do magic and becomes a muggle he'll be too far behind in school and such for it to make any sense. Therefore, logically, he needs to die, at least in my opinion.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Far too happy an end? Why, isn't an ending supposed to be happy sometimes? Of course it has to be terrible and wrenching in the middle (and sometimes in the end), but I've never been disappointed by Frodo and Sam surviving, for example. I think she can work the ending any number of ways and make it satisfying, Harry surviving or not. He won't be untouched by the incident, certainly, but having him die for the sake of the darkness of the plot alone would be equally disappointing. A person like Harry doesn't just bow to the plot and prophecy.

Though I guess we'll find out in a few months. You could be right. ^^;;; If you are, I just hope it's done well enough for me to not cry about it too much.
Sonic#

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

The end of LotR is really a lot darker than it seems. After all, Frodo's vision has darkened, he can't escape what happened to him, and cannot take any enjoyment in his old life. He leaves Middle Earth for the undying lands to escape. Granted, the rest of the world attempts to go back to normal, but it's highly questionable if it ever will.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

You're right, it probably wasn't the best example, except to show that it could get very dark without Harry dying.
Sonic#

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

It still seems as if Harry is going to die, though she could try to make it really cheery.
Today is two days before the day after tomorrow.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Dragonmaster Dyne wrote:It still seems as if Harry is going to die, though she could try to make it really cheery.
I say Harry should die in a cheerful way. I'm talking balloons, puppies, rainbows, and a guillotine.