"Year Zero" is coming....

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

"Year Zero" is coming....

Post by Ozone »

I'm a bit late in reporting this information to this board, but I'm sure you'll survive.

Anyway, in case you've been living in a closet, or don't like Nine Inch Nails, the new album is called Year Zero and will be released on April 17, 2007. Recently there have been flash drives found in bathrooms at Nine Inch Nails shows with one song from the new album on each drive. So far, four high quality mp3s have been leaked in this manner. It seems that Mister Reznor is starting to utilize the internet to maximum effectiveness, because the leaks have fans foaming at the mouth for more. The leaked songs are, My Violent Heart, Me I'm Not, Survivalism, and In This Twilight. Frankly, some of the songs are aquired tastes. In This Twilight is easily the most accessable song that has been leaked, while My Violent Heart is probably the least accessable. The song that is the most exciting is In This Twilight, it shows a brand new direction and a very fresh, crisp sound from Nine Inch Nails. This album is certainly not going to sound like With Teeth, which was kind of like Nine Inch Nails gone indie rock. Year Zero appears to be electronically oriented, so much so that it's back to not being sure which instrument is making which sound for the most part, or even if they're using instruments, saving the drums, of course. It has also been confirmed that Year Zero is concept album. There have been numerous discoveries such as "the presence" found in the spectrometer readout of the static at the end of My Violent Heart. There are also hidden images all over the offical year zero website. Along with these images, there have been cryptic messages found on websites, images, and tour t-shirts that have all been deciphered to be part of the Year Zero storyline. There have been references taken from The Hobbit, Slaughterhouse Five, the Bible, and even an excerpt from a Walt Whitman poem. I have to admit that I am thoroughly intrigued and cannot wait to see the culmination of this build up. I am definitely looking forward to this release, and this is the first release I have ever had so much anticipation for since the last Nine Inch Nails release. However, Year Zero is certainly looking more promising than With Teeth ever did.

Mr. Reznor, I am truly a fan once more.

YZ2022
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

The Survivalism EP will be released on April 12th, which is only five days before Year Zero is released. The EP contains:

Survivalism
Survivalism (Tardusted Remix)
The Greater Good (Instrumental)
Survivalism Director's Cut video

Note that there are two Survivalism EPs. Pt. 1 only has the original and the remix of Survivalism on it, Pt. 2 has the above listed tracks.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

Can't wait. In this twilight and Me I'm not have me captivated.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I was at the listening party in Boston on March 18th, and I can tell you, it's going to be an incredible album.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

Survivalism looks like an awesome song. I love NIN.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I'm pretty sure the whole album is now streaming online.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Just so you know. Year Zero is everything that you waited for and more... It was released on the 17th and is one of Nine Inch Nails' most technically brilliant albums.