Big Bear and the Hour of Chaos

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Big Bear and the Hour of Chaos

Post by Ozone »

I've sorely neglected Unearth this year, so much so that I almost completely forgot their latest effort III: In the Eyes of Fire when calculating the best albums of the year. This band is amazing. Breakdowns, awesome twin guitar harmonies, catchiness, brilliance. These Boston natives will have you screaming for more after each listen to their distinct form of metalcore. You have heavy as a dumpster full of lard? This is the album for you. The whole album is really a hell of an achievement, my favorite track actually being the instrumental (Big Bear and the Hour of Chaos) that comes at the end of the album because it wraps the album up so damn well. The band opens up it's songwriting resevoir once more with topics that range from Giles Corey (should be familiar if you've seen or read The Crucible) to Big Bear's rebellion. Fantastic metal, I highly reccomend this as it stole the third spot in the final rendition of my best of metal and hard rock for 2006.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

hmmm, well im not real big into Metalcore, Hardcore, and Grindcore music but it sounds interesting especially the song about Giles Corey (we just read the crucible in english first quarter) so i guess that warrants a download.

Btw i like your sig Lazarus is one of my favorite songs along with shes moved on

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

It's a really cool album and it really is worth a listen.

Lazarus is a really cool song (I'm still attached to "Last Chance To Evacuate the Planet Before It Is Recycled" and "Trains." If you can get your hands on the Lazarus Single it has two extra songs on it :) Also, Arriving Somewhere... is a freaking incredible DVD.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Ozone wrote:It's a really cool album and it really is worth a listen.

Lazarus is a really cool song (I'm still attached to "Last Chance To Evacuate the Planet Before It Is Recycled" and "Trains." If you can get your hands on the Lazarus Single it has two extra songs on it :) Also, Arriving Somewhere... is a freaking incredible DVD.
are the 2 songs on the single "So Called Friend" and "Mother and Child Devided" ya i really dig trains and last chance i think their acoustic stuff is some of their best but i also enjoy the highly expermental songs like Synesthesia

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Yeah, I pretty much just don't like Metalcore...... :lol: I don't hate it as much as I hate Nu-Metal and Rap though..if that tells you anything.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

i downloaded the album its not bad the guitar parts are cool im not a big fan of the vocals

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

exigence wrote:
Ozone wrote:It's a really cool album and it really is worth a listen.

are the 2 songs on the single "So Called Friend" and "Mother and Child Devided" ya i really dig trains and last chance i think their acoustic stuff is some of their best but i also enjoy the highly expermental songs like Synesthesia
Actually the other track is called Half-Light. Mother and Child Divided is on Arriving Somewhere...