So, what's with all the Metal topics?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

My point is that Hardcore is a punk subgenre, while Metal is not. Punk has influenced Metal, and vice-versa, but the fact remains. People that know music know that Hardcore = Not Metal. Anyway, I know people are getting tired of me chiming in all the time, but I felt compelled. :lol:

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

i hate any music with a -core added to the end of it, theyre all a bunch of emo betches who think screaming is musical talent, i can guarantee you its not. the only exception is if you decided to group rage against the machine under rapcore.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

exigence wrote:i hate any music with a -core added to the end of it, theyre all a bunch of emo betches who think screaming is musical talent, i can guarantee you its not. the only exception is if you decided to group rage against the machine under rapcore.
I dunno, I think there's real talent in some of the metalcore bands, though, some are absolutely horrible. The ones I feel have talent are as follows: Between the Buried and Me (well, technically, I think they fit better under mathcore, but, what the hell), Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall and Lamb of God. The singer from Killswitch has an amazing range when he sings clean, and all of the bands are musically adept, especially BTBAM. I have a soft spot for some songs by All That Remains, but, overall, they're not really all that good, but Labonte has a pretty okay voice on This Calling.

Yes, BTBAM is an acquired taste, but, I feel that they're absolutely amazing.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

As far as -core...I don't dig it. One thing is for sure, though. That is, that all of those Metalcore bands that try to go all melodic death metal on you and throw in 34234 harmonies, ripped off Killswitch Engage. I don't like Metalcore, but KsE are innovators in their genre.