Your top 10 Metal Albums

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Darknight
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Darknight »

Faust wrote:Hello. In no particular order

Ride The Lightning - Metallica (Got me into metal...^_^)
Master of Puppets - Metallica ( Sanatarium, a personal favourite)
Nymphetamine - Cradle of Filth ( Yes, they extremely unpopular in many metal forums, wonder what's the general consensous of them here?)
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Killers - Iron Maiden ( Murders in the Rue Morgue!)
Powerslave - Iron Maiden ( Powerslave sounds damn awesome live)
Seventh Son of the Seventh Son - Iron Maiden ( Infinite Dreams )
Images and Words - Dream Theater ( I would like to know the general consensous of DT here too, as they could be pretty unpopular in many parts too)
Rust in Peace - Megadeth ( Definitely, Hanger 18 personal favourite)
Count Down to Extinction - Megadeth

Sepultura, ManoWar, Necrophagist gets honourable mention...^_^

Since some one mentioned a Black Mages album some where, I'm also into VGM as well, Chrono Cross and Legend of Mana OSTs are some of many favourites...^_^
I like Dream Theater quite a bit. I'm curious as to why you think they could be unpopular in many parts?

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

dream theater and rush are two of my favorite bands

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

exigence wrote:dream theater and rush are two of my favorite bands
Pagan's Mind seriously destroy Dream Theater in every way. I reccomend checking them out. I could upload their albums if you want.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

DragonmasterAndy wrote:
exigence wrote:dream theater and rush are two of my favorite bands
Pagan's Mind seriously destroy Dream Theater in every way. I reccomend checking them out. I could upload their albums if you want.
upload to where?

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

I'll upload it to megaupload or something. Then, I'll send the link to your e-mail.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

exigence wrote:i cant stand CoF, the singer tries to sound all sweet and satanic but he ends up just sounding like a complete idot , also the drums over power everything else in the mix, and the guitarist isnt good at all

if you want proof of how much they suck just listen to the song temptation
Their lack of talent is a matter of opinion. Everybody knows what opinions are like. Music is an art, a band with lack of talent can make up for it by performing an art. Look at Nirvana Kurt Cobain can't play guitar worth a damn in my opinion but he was a hell of an artist.

P.S. Temptation is a crappy remake which the band should not be judged on. If the drums are too powerful turn the bass down. I'd rather have strong drums then the sound of jiffy pop popping.
Last edited by Megalodon on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Kurt Cobain almost completely ruined guitar playing.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Kurt Cobain did ruin guitar playing.

I've never been a CoF fan, but you do have to admit that Nick Barker is a beast on drums, so I enjoy the albums where he had beat duty.

If I had to reccomend stuff for traditional black/death metal (since the lines seem to have become so blurred for people now blurred now just think blast beat mania with these ones I list), I'd go with The Black Dahlia Murder, All Shall Perhish, Hypocrisy, and Krisiun just forget about Dimmu Borgir and all that crap.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Darknight wrote:
Faust wrote:I like Dream Theater quite a bit. I'm curious as to why you think they could be unpopular in many parts?
LOL! Some forums bash James LaBrie for sounding like a female extensively. Every time when some body ask for a female fronted metal band, besides the usual Nightwish, Lacuna's Coil and Arch Enemy, DT also almost always gets recommended...^_^

The many hilarious parodies of John Petrucci music instructional videos that could be found on youtube is not helping the situation either. Anyways I'm glad that DT is all love and appreciation here...^_^

Oh yes, IMHO it's not fair to judge CoF JUST from their cover of Temptation. Try searching for Heaven 17 original version of Temptation on youtube, and can you honestly say that any metal band could cover that song well without sounding like a joke?...^_^

Anyways to each his own I guess...

Since this thread is moving pretty quick, I would like to ask for recommendations of similar songs sounding like the following.

Azaroth - Ritual in Medusa Lake
Illlnath - Angelic Voices Calling
Dissection - The Somberlain
Ebony Tears - Nectars of Eden

Thanks in advance metal heads...\m/

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Ozone wrote:Kurt Cobain did ruin guitar playing.

I've never been a CoF fan, but you do have to admit that Nick Barker is a beast on drums, so I enjoy the albums where he had beat duty.

If I had to reccomend stuff for traditional black/death metal (since the lines seem to have become so blurred for people now blurred now just think blast beat mania with these ones I list), I'd go with The Black Dahlia Murder, All Shall Perhish, Hypocrisy, and Krisiun just forget about Dimmu Borgir and all that crap.
Dude, those aren't Traditional Black/Death Metal bands. :lol:

Traditional Black Metal goes back to the days of Bathory, and Death Metal started with bands like Possessed, Early Death, Obituary, and Morbid Angel.

It may seem like I'm jumping on people in threads, but I assure you I'm not. :wink:

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I'm trying to give people a more modern look at what's happened to the genre, like I said, the lines have become blurred, which I actually welcome. I don't feel that the bands are necessarely the best representations of the respective core genres, just the current best product that has come from it. Obviously, since All Shall Perish has breakdowns, it is not pure black metal or pure death metal.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Ozone wrote:I'm trying to give people a more modern look at what's happened to the genre, like I said, the lines have become blurred, which I actually welcome. I don't feel that the bands are necessarely the best representations of the respective core genres, just the current best product that has come from it. Obviously, since All Shall Perish has breakdowns, it is not pure black metal or pure death metal.
I'm certainly glad that you realize that. But Black and Death Metal have gone into other directions that I feel better represent it, rather than what you said. PURELY my opinion, though. :D