Anime songs

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by DezoPenguin »

I swear, nearly half of my music purchases in the last decade have been anime music (and the other half video game music...).

Let's see: almost anything from Utena (Masami Okui rules), the Kotoko vocals from Kannazuki no Miko, the Vampire Princess Miyu OVA soundtrack, the Laputa soundtrack (I once wrote an entire Phantasy Star 3 fic because one of the tracks on that thing and I don't even know the song's name!), "Red Fraction" (the Black Lagoon OP by MELL), "scarlet" (the Karin OP), the Fate/stay night soundtrack (I like Kenji Kawai, too), virtually anything by Yuki Kajiura (I have Petite Cossette, the first Noir, and both Madlax soundtracks by her)...gah, this list could get ridiculous in a hurry.

Oh, and I have to mention a couple of BUCK-TICK songs, the openings to Nightwalker and Trinity Blood, though I seem to recall both were actually songs of theirs which were later adopted by the anime...

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

I think a few of my favorites are:

"Scarlet" from Ayashi no Ceres (anime was really weird, but I liked this song)

"Song of Storm and Fire" from Tsubasa Chronicles is a big-time favorite of mine

"New Future," "Myself," and "Eternal Snow" (the 3 main songs) from Full Moon wo Sagashite

the beginning and ending songs from DNAngel

but I think my all-time favorite is One-Winged Angel from FFVII (Sephiroth's theme)