Transformers: The (Animated) Movie

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Transformers: The (Animated) Movie

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

So, is anyone else going to get this?

link

I know I am. The last copy we had of the movie was a crummy VHS, and even though we bought it at Suncoast, it was actually some kind of bootleg (or just very poor quality tape, it was in EP not SP!...for those of you who know what VHS tape speeds were like).

I remember seeing the movie in the theaters as a kid. What an eye-popper it was. The things they depicted in it just weren't done in domestic animation for kids back then. I'm feeling nostalgic...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

No, I'm not.

We saw it in the campus sci-fi club last semester. And it was funny. Hilarious, in fact. ;) Those of us with the nostalgia had forgotten that, well... the story makes sense for its target audience, but not much beyond that.

It was fun to watch once more, but not THAT much fun.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

linkcj
Meribian Merchant

Re: Transformers: The (Animated) Movie

Post by linkcj »

For sure!!! I'm certainly going to get this. :lol:

Hmmm... 2 discs huh? I wonder what else is going to on it. Hopefully more than just some crappy interviews. I had read about some deleted scenes that were deemed too violent.

And it's widescreen too! I have the original DVD and it's in standard screen format. I read some complaint about that on some forum somewhere, and someone replied that it was originally animated in that format. Hopefully, that person didn't know what they were talking about. I cant really remember what it looked like in the theaters since I was such a little kid when it came out.

AlasdairPalemoon wrote:So, is anyone else going to get this?

link

I know I am. The last copy we had of the movie was a crummy VHS, and even though we bought it at Suncoast, it was actually some kind of bootleg (or just very poor quality tape, it was in EP not SP!...for those of you who know what VHS tape speeds were like).

I remember seeing the movie in the theaters as a kid. What an eye-popper it was. The things they depicted in it just weren't done in domestic animation for kids back then. I'm feeling nostalgic...

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Well, there are basically two screen formats that I know of, widescreen and fullscreen. Widescreen is what you see in theaters and presents more on the sides of the image than full screen, which is modified for many home televisions.

Oh yeah, and the deleted scenes...well, be ready for a bit of foul language and a more graphic aspect of one of the key scenes of the movie.

And yes, the movie is retro but it's awesome retro. You had to be there, ma~n or you just don't get it. ;)

linkcj wrote:For sure!!! I'm certainly going to get this. :lol:

Hmmm... 2 discs huh? I wonder what else is going to on it. Hopefully more than just some crappy interviews. I had read about some deleted scenes that were deemed too violent.

And it's widescreen too! I have the original DVD and it's in standard screen format. I read some complaint about that on some forum somewhere, and someone replied that it was originally animated in that format. Hopefully, that person didn't know what they were talking about. I cant really remember what it looked like in the theaters since I was such a little kid when it came out.

AlasdairPalemoon wrote:So, is anyone else going to get this?

link

linkcj
Meribian Merchant

Post by linkcj »

Actually, the original DVD has all the swears in it. In fact the chapter title of the scene with the big one is called "Swear Word". Hehe.

Yeah, I know all about screen formats. It's just that someone was jabbering on about how the movie was originally produced in the standard TV (or square) format. If that is the case, they'd have to chop the top and bottom off to get a wide screen effect. Lets just hope that person was wrong and it was made in regular wide-screen format ... cant imagine why it wouldn't be.

AlasdairPalemoon wrote:Well, there are basically two screen formats that I know of, widescreen and fullscreen. Widescreen is what you see in theaters and presents more on the sides of the image than full screen, which is modified for many home televisions.

Oh yeah, and the deleted scenes...well, be ready for a bit of foul language and a more graphic aspect of one of the key scenes of the movie.

And yes, the movie is retro but it's awesome retro. You had to be there, ma~n or you just don't get it. ;)