Dragonforce?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Dragonforce?

Post by Ozone »

They're looney, way over the top, and probably the type of band that caused metal to become unbearable in the nineties, but damn are they fast. The blinding speed of twin guitar, and double bass almost makes the cheesy lyrical content bearable. The solos are astounding as is the general instrumental content of their music, and they've got boatloads of talent. I think that most metal fans should at least give them a listen, though I wouldn't reccomend them to everyone.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

One thing I can gaurantee is they aren't as good as the game by the same name. :P

*flees*
-G1

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

Well I'm going to admit I like Dragonforce, but I have to be in the right mood for them. They're not the kind of band you can just pop in their cd and sit back for a little R&R. They're good when you're playing a slash n' bash game. I've seen them live too, and they're a good live band. As in, they actually sound in real life what they sound like on the album.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Unbelievably talented. Down-to-earth, and funny. Dragonforce is one of those bands I think that people need to hear, because they're a breath of fresh air. ALthough I dont' like metal, I like Dragonforce because of their playing ability and some of their lyrics. I'm not into the whole satan thing that unfortunately drives ppl like me away from metal.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Aaron wrote:Unbelievably talented. Down-to-earth, and funny. Dragonforce is one of those bands I think that people need to hear, because they're a breath of fresh air. ALthough I dont' like metal, I like Dragonforce because of their playing ability and some of their lyrics. I'm not into the whole satan thing that unfortunately drives ppl like me away from metal.

but it draws in the people that are OMG HARDCOER!!!1111!

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Aaron wrote:Unbelievably talented. Down-to-earth, and funny. Dragonforce is one of those bands I think that people need to hear, because they're a breath of fresh air. ALthough I dont' like metal, I like Dragonforce because of their playing ability and some of their lyrics. I'm not into the whole satan thing that unfortunately drives ppl like me away from metal.

I think that's a really negative stereotype that has developed over the years about many metal bands when they just prefer heavier music. There are plenty of bands that play metal and have nothing to do with satan worshipping. Bands like Lamb of God, Mastodon, Unearth, Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall really deserve a second listen, especially their lyrical content. Lamb of God usually focuses on politics, Ashes of the Wake and As the Palaces Burn are two very good examples of this, Mastodon tries to tell a story with each album that is usually based on a literary work, for instance their last album, Leviathan, was inspired by Moby Dick. Unearth also focuses on political issues, especially their last album, The Oncoming Storm, Killswitch Engage is just sheer whimsy, and Shadows Fall has deeper lyrics, not surprisingly they are inspired by alternate religions like Buddhism since singer Brian Fair went to college for religious studies. Seriously, grow up and take a good listen. Don't believe me, the middle quote is from the Lamb of God song "As the Palaces Burn."
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Yes have to admit Dragonforce is pretty darn good. Checked out some of their guitar dueling on youtube.com. Unfortunate their tremendous popularity is also a double edged sword. Some purists of power metal called them boring with almost all songs sound alike. Some call them Dragon Farce. Some maybe just want to bash them just for the hell of it because they are popular...

On a another related topic, yes not all heavy metal equates to songs of devil worshipping. Some metal bands focus on story telling like mentioned by Ozone. Some of Iron Maiden's songs focus on historic references, however ever their mascot seems to scream satanic...^_^

On a lighter note here is one of my favourite youtube metal videos. Check it out...Pretty old sorry if you have seen it before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uea8k5sJ5qg

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

GhaleonOne wrote:One thing I can gaurantee is they aren't as good as the game by the same name. :P

*flees*

I must concur! I remember all the sleepless nights playin' that game... I love Rudger! ...never heard of any band...

:: follows pursuit of Bacon Bits ::
ImageImageImage

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I know, I know, reviving dead post :P

But still. Just greater proof that metal does not equate to satanism is that the metal band Demon Hunter is a Christian metal band xD

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I've heard a lot of people really like Demon Hunter. I thought what I heard was good, but I'm not really a metal fan. Still, I can see why people like it. And really, there's good religious crossover music from a lot of religions. Matisyahu is a sweet example of good reggae of the Jewish flavor. Christianity is just the biggest where music is a major market. There's good and there's crap in all genre's of it.
-G1

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Demon Hunter isn't to shabby at all, like most other bands they have good songs and they have not so good songs :) I had actually completely forgotten about them though xD

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

Lol, I clicked on this post cause I dig the game too. They did an PS2 re-release in Japan just before Working Designs took a nose dive. *Grumble Grumble* wish that had made it over here. I've seen the band while perusing for Dragon Force Memro, and was kinda curious about them. Hmmm. Christain Metal? This I must hear. I like some good metal every once in a while. I was a fan of some Nightwish till they booted their lead singer. I'm sure she deserved it, but the way they did it was just wrong.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Ya know, not to be an ass, but why do people come into the music, movies, anime, etc. board thinking it's the video game when there's a general gaming forum? xD

*ahem* Anyway, I just found it amusing xD