Good Metal

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Tai Dandora
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Good Metal

Post by Tai Dandora »

I've been listening to Ill Nino, DragonForce, Dark Tranquility, Disillusion, Mercenary..etc lately and I just need some new good metal to listen to. Any suggestions?

The Dan in Black
Meribian Merchant

Post by The Dan in Black »

I just discovered Nightwish. http://epsilon.unap.cl/atorres/public_html/musica/Nightwish/2001%20-%20From%20Wishes%20To%20Eternity%20-%20Live/

Listen to them about three times before passing judgement. Thats what it took for me. The first time I thought it sucked, but then it grew on me.

Atreyu is pretty good too. And i didn't see Motorhead on that list. The loudest F'ing band in the world. They damn near invented metal. Really old school so you may not like it.

- D
Here there be Stickfighters

Mmmmm. Butterscotch, yo.

Tai Dandora
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Tai Dandora »

Thanks for the link. I've got "Kinslayer" going and I love it so far.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Ill Nino is not metal... at all.

I highly suggest Lamb of God, Darkest Hour, Krisiun, Trivium, Shadows Fall, Unearth, The Black Dahlia Murder and Himsa if you want to hear some good metal.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

The Dan in Black
Meribian Merchant

Post by The Dan in Black »

Ozone wrote:Ill Nino is not metal... at all.

I was trying to be nice by not saying it but I completely agree. And I think ..."those guys" should be taken to R'lyeh and fed to Cthulhu. It's blasphemy to actually say the bands name. :lol:

While were at it lets not forget Morgoth.

- D
Here there be Stickfighters

Mmmmm. Butterscotch, yo.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

The Dan in Black wrote:
Ozone wrote:Ill Nino is not metal... at all.

I was trying to be nice by not saying it but I completely agree. And I think ..."those guys" should be taken to R'lyeh and fed to Cthulhu. It's blasphemy to actually say the bands name. :lol:

While were at it lets not forget Morgoth.

- D

Almost forgot \m/ MOTORHEAD \m/

Well, at least he listed Dark Tranquility xD Anyway, a lot of people generally percieve Nu-Metal as actual metal.... even though it's not.

I almost forgot, Meshuggah is absolutely amazing and definitely worth checking out.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Hello.

Currently checking out Norther, Azaroth, Nevermore. I enjoy Cradle of Filth. Aparrently COF doesn't receive any love in most forums. Hope this is not one of them.

Megadeth is cool too. Dragon force? Have you tried Rhapsody and Demons and Wizards.

Iron Maiden is cool too. Necrophagist is an alright Technical Death Metal.

*Fades back into the shadows*

Rlfhst2000
Nanza Bandit

Post by Rlfhst2000 »

One of my favorite bands is Machinae Supremacy. They base most of their music on the old Commodore 64 computer. http://www.machinaesupremacy.com Oh, and most of their music is free.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I'm not a huge COF fan, I just can't listen to them for long periods of time. Nevermore is sweet though :)

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Checking out Night Wish now. Thanks for the link. Currently reading the Machinae Supremacy website. Amazing free music down loads. But running out space in my computer. :(

Since every one is sharing, here is mine.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInf ... ID=1798206

You need to register to down load but you can listen from the site by clicking on the Hi-Fi button. Anyways its by Azaroth tittled Ritual in the Medusa Lake. On of my favourites for now. \m/ \m/

*fades back to the shadows*

alvyman89
Burg Farmer

Post by alvyman89 »

I'm a fan of disturbed....idk they just get me pumped up.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Disturbed isn't metal either xD More along the lines of nu-metal or just hard rock.

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

I frequent the metal boards at Gamefaqs, that's where I was first introduced to Nevermore and Azaroth. I swear Nu-Metal bands received no love at all there. The bashing and insult Slipknot. SOAD and the likes received surpasses the drill sergeants at military school and drunken sailors. Elitists? Maybe... Ozone you sir/ma'am are kind and polite enough to point out the genres without any flaming. Kudos

Anyways often the posters there share links for good/ funny metal videos or music. Anyways you guys have links for funny metal performances bloopers? I once saw a video of Jason Newstead (Metallica) climbing a small flight of stairs during a concert and tripped. He fell and laid in his back and continued playing the bass. I also saw a groupie threw her bra at Dave Mustaine(?)( Megadeth) and it got stuck on his guitar and he continued playing to the end of the song before flicking it away...

*fades back into the shadows*

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Try Arch Enemy.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Arch Enemy isn't bad, but there are better metal bands out there. I'd suggest Blind Guardian, In Flames, Deicide, Obituary, Iced Earth, Strapping Young Lad, and Summoning before I even get to them.

Audric
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Audric »

Yeah In Flames are awesome too.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Audric wrote:Yeah In Flames are awesome too.

In Flames is currently one of the more overrated bands in metal, but that's just my opinion. This latest release, Come Clarity, is the first worthwhile thing that they've done since Whoracle.

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

I don't want to seem like an -Albino Baboon-...so please don't take my first post as me being rude or anything, as I'm not trying to be. I'm VERY into Metal..and it seems a lot of you don't know a whole lot from my view when it comes to Metal I guess? I'm nto trying to be rude..so sorry again if I am coming off that way. I'm also down to share any music with any of you, as well as reccomend some bands to you guys that I think you'd like. I saw one guy name off a bunch of Metalcore..which I'm not very into..but to each his own, everyone has their own tastes. :D

By the way, this forum rocks. It's small, and I like that. :wink:

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Ozone wrote:Arch Enemy isn't bad, but there are better metal bands out there. I'd suggest Blind Guardian, In Flames, Deicide, Obituary, Iced Earth, Strapping Young Lad, and Summoning before I even get to them.
nice to see there are some more blind guardian fans out there,
Iced earth is good too

Dream Theater is really good but there more of a prog metal band

Cacophony is good if your into neoClassical shreading Marty Friedman before megadeth and Jason Becker who was only like 16 or 17 when cacophony released their debut speed metal symphony thats crazy

also if your into stoner metal i would recomend Kyuss

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Pagan's Mind > Dream Theater.

Dream Theater's like..the only Prog Metal anyone knows, and to me, they're far from the best. Just my opinion though.