kids bop

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Silentcrisis
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

kids bop

Post by Silentcrisis »

ok so my sister was watching nickoloden and there was this comercial for a new kids bop cd so i ask my self:

why do they keep making these? -because you keep buying them yes you know who you are

but the real question is why would someone buy these cds?

the idea behind kids bop is to take alredy bad songs and make them worse by having kids sing them

can any one understand why these cds exist :?:

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Maybe because so little of the music out there now has a real connection to little kids? Much of it is seen as explicit in some way, and all you have left are music-class-esque songs, oldies, and some assorted others. As well, it's seen as fun to have kids singing songs for kids.

I'm not saying I'd buy the CD. But some might for that reason. As for the songs sucking... maybe.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

punkabof1
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by punkabof1 »

I think that some kids would get it to sing along with, and what sonic said.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

What would you listen to? Just curious.

punkabof1
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by punkabof1 »

What music I listen to or would i listen to that kids bop? To be honest i don't really like that kids bop thing. I listen to Techno, chutney, soca, rock.

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

Just a side note... Did anyone see the kids bop album with the kids cover of "In the end"? or how about the "Boulvard of Broken Dreams" cover? I think the latest one has the kids singing "When September Ends". I have nothing against the concept of kids bop albums, but does anyone else think these arn't excatly kid friendly songs? "When September Ends" is okay I guess but if you see the video it's a little depressing.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Frankly, unless you have some experience raising children, and trying to keep them away from negative influences (particularly negative pop-music), then unless you can offer up an alternative, you got no real reason to be criticizing 'kidz bop'.

Mind you, there's a lot of lousy children's programming. But there's some good stuff too, and I can't think of anyone here who's indicated the right perspective from which ti evaluate it.

Just a side note... Did anyone see the kids bop album with the kids cover of "In the end"? or how about the "Boulvard of Broken Dreams" cover? I think the latest one has the kids singing "When September Ends". I have nothing against the concept of kids bop albums, but does anyone else think these arn't excatly kid friendly songs? "When September Ends" is okay I guess but if you see the video it's a little depressing.

They change the lyrics of certain songs to be more kid-friendly. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I agree with Kizyr. Although, I prefer Celtic, Oldies, and Rock. I am not really into Pop. Especially if it has children singing in it.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Well, I would guess that the overprotective parents of children under 10 years of age are buying them for their kids.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Dunno that it's fair to characterize it as "overprotective", which is a rather pejorative way to refer to actually doing what parents are supposed to do. I'd just as soon miss out on most modern lyrics, something at which I've succeeded very well, and wouldn't want my kids picking up the same. I don't know that anyone else would remember this, but somewhere in the mid-80s or so there was a commercial showing a girl of about seven in her room singing the words to Like a Virgin, which pretty much made the intended point about monitoring what your kids are picking up.

My sister had Disney sing-along videotapes with the bouncing ball (or Pooh on a balloon, etc.) on the lyrics at the bottom of the screen, as a result of which I know one or two songs from a whole bunch of movies I've never seen the rest of.