Hello, from a long-time fan!

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Birdy
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hello, from a long-time fan!

Post by Birdy »

Hello! I'm Birdy, and I've been lurking around LunarNET since around 2002 (!!), give or take some months here and there. I could go on for awhile about why Lunar is my all-time favorite series, but the short of it is; I've struggled with social anxiety since I was a child and as a result had a difficult time while growing up. There were a lot of times I felt really down and Lunar came into my life at just the right moment. It left a lasting impression on me and has definitely helped contribute to who I am today. It's a series that has remained dear to my heart for so many years.

Every year, I get a sort of "surge" of Lunar-tinted feelings and end up stopping by the site a lot again. But I could never work up the courage to actually join the forum. But I guess recent developments in my life have made my anxieties easier to manage, so... here I am! Better late than never, I guess!

I suppose I could give a few details about myself. That's part of an introduction, no? Well, for starters, I should mention that I started with the PS1 ports of Lunar and later went back to the Sega CD ones. (I love them all for different reasons!) I also started with EBC before SSSC a year later, despite my brother having the game, himself, which is how I learned of the series.

I'm also a collector, no doubt! And while I am proud of my Lunar collection (I just recently obtained the Japanese PC port and the 2-disc Korean PC port), I collect games overall as a foremost. Namely RPGs, as I love the genre dearly and love to discover what it had to offer over the decades, whether it was good or not-quite-so. And since I've been able to manage my anxieties better, I've even started doing videos about RPGs, which I've wanted to do for over ten years but was too scared to. (I've been entertaining the idea of doing a retrospective or something similar for the Lunar series, but there are still a few holes in information that I need to fill.)

Anyway, that's most of what I can really say about myself for now. I'm happy that I finally gained the courage to join the Lunar Threads, and I look forward to talking with everyone! :)

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Hello, from a long-time fan!

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I started with the PSX ports too! I own them both. I play em roughly once a year ^^;; (I think I have a problem) lmao

If you're interested in talking to some of us in real time. We have a LUNAR Telegram group https://t.me/WorldofLunar

If you're unfamiliar. Telegram is found on the App store on Mobile or Telegram Web client can be found through google. We have a lot of fun!

I'm glad to hear your anxiety has gotten better. It's weird. I actually find playing LUNAR SSSC or EBC reduces my anxiety and helps me relax ^.^
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Why welcome aboard!

Very nice meeting ya :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Welcome to the boards! Glad you've joined!

Unfortunately because of the state of the series, there's not a lot *new* going on per se (in terms of new games anyhow), but still plenty to talk about. And, well, fan creations never stop coming.

Hope you enjoy staying around =). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Welcome! We have a friendly group here.

Birdy
Meryod Yokel

Post by Birdy »

Thank you for the welcomes! I'm happy to finally have joined. ^^