*Pops In*

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Lanku D'Certo
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

*Pops In*

Post by Lanku D'Certo »

Hello all! I think I had an account here ages ago, but I've been nostalgic for Lunar and while I'm playing Silver Star Story again, I decided to see if this place was still kicking around. Looks like there's still some life here after all! Cool beans!

I was part of the old Lunar EB site back at the beginning of the millennium and I know some of those peeps migrated to here. Anyway, I recently got my nephew into the games and he absolutely loves them. I'm doing my part to keep the amazing story that is Lunar alive. I've even got a friend who's going to paint an ocarina of mine(Yes, I took it up because of Lunar) to look like Alex's. I can't wait to get that. It's gonna be amazing. I'll definitely show it off to you guys when it's done.

Anyway, toodles and looking forward to getting to know all of you, maybe some of you again.

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Re: *Pops In*

Post by Maus »

Nice to meet ya, mate!

Welcome back :)

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Welcome. I was Scrambler on LEB.

Lanku D'Certo
Saith Pirate

Post by Lanku D'Certo »

Certainly sounds familiar. I was Emperor Blaze or EB as they called me.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

I remember you, or at least that user name. Obviously after more than a decade my memories of what people actually posted are very hazy.

I haven't done so in a while, but if you do want to take a trip down memory lane, a decent number of threads have been preserved on the Internet Archive, though it takes a bit of work to uncover them.

Off the top of my head, Sonic#, Shiva Indis, and Ardent Fox all used to post on LEB as well. There are probably others I am forgetting.

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Would you guys mind sharing that old forum's url? I mean, I know it's not longer there, but I'd interested in throw it to Archive.org and see what it looked like. Thanks :)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I posted there occasionally, but it's been years and I barely remember it. Nonetheless, welcome! :)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Lanku D'Certo
Saith Pirate

Post by Lanku D'Certo »

Well, I'm a completely different person 15 years later, as we all are. Anyway, if you wanna check out the archives, use these two addresses. There aren't too many forum bits saved, but there's quite a bit of old stuff there.

http://www.lunareb.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi - For the old boards
http://www.lunareb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi - For the new boards

Those are for the forums, obviously, but Kris never saved too many of the sections. The old RP section has a bit of stuff, though. I randomly go back and drown in nostalgia. Actually, one of the stories in the RP section inspired me to rewrite it and use it for a screenplay for film school. I'm going to be shooting the first bit of it this coming semester.

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Thanks, I will look it up :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Welcome! (Or welcome back!)

And oh, dude, you play ocarina as well? I think that looks like one of the Songbird Dragon Tooth ocarinas in your avatar?

I was tempted to try to get someone to paint one of mine to look like Alex's -- maybe I'll try to do that myself one of these days with a blue glazed sweet potato one I have (since I now have another better one it's less of a risk/sacrifice if that doesn't go well... ...I'm not too good with arts and crafts). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lanku D'Certo
Saith Pirate

Post by Lanku D'Certo »

It's actually one from STL. The Aria in G. I do have a few from Songbird, though. I've got some from all over the place, actually. One from Japan, a couple from Italy. Most are from STL and Songbird, though. I have something like 20 of them, I think. I've got someone who knows how to use a kiln properly, which is why I'm letting her paint my ocarina like Alex's. That's gonna be the ultimate fan item, cause no one else is gonna have that.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

My recollection is that a fair number of topics on the old boards were in the archive but almost none for the new boards. Navigation can be an issue since there's not always a great match between what links you can click on and what got archived, but you can play around with URLs and wildcards to uncover quite a bit.

LEB had a lot of forum drama. It was the first forum I ever belonged to, so I just kind of accepted the way things were there as normal at the time. It certainly had a different feel compared to these boards.

Lanku D'Certo
Saith Pirate

Post by Lanku D'Certo »

I think it had a lot of drama cause the majority of us were in our teens at the time. Though I remember the older folk bringing their share of baggage. That said, I miss Lunartic and the others. I'm glad some of us are here. It may just be nostalgia talking, but those were some really good times. Those guys were probably my first online friends that I really cared about. Anyway, happy to be here now. I'll show off my ocarina collection soon.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Lanku D'Certo wrote:It's actually one from STL. The Aria in G. I do have a few from Songbird, though. I've got some from all over the place, actually. One from Japan, a couple from Italy. Most are from STL and Songbird, though. I have something like 20 of them, I think. I've got someone who knows how to use a kiln properly, which is why I'm letting her paint my ocarina like Alex's. That's gonna be the ultimate fan item, cause no one else is gonna have that.
Oh man, very nice! If you're able to get that done then please post pics of it.

I, uh, have an ocarina from Japan that was made in Italy... (it's Ti Amo, but I bought it at a shop in Kyoto). I only have three: two from Songbird (a sweet potato, and a dragon tooth -- the latter has the best sound quality I've heard in an ocarina), and the one Ti Amo. I did get a chance to talk with some folks at both STL and Songbird at a few conventions, so I definitely like both their products.

Do you have any wooden ocs by the way? One of these days I want to treat myself with one of Charlie Hind's wooden alto ones, but considering the expense it's kind of low on my priorities right now (...even low on my musical priorities -- one of those would cost as much to completely refurbish my old alto sax).
Lanku D'Certo wrote:I think it had a lot of drama cause the majority of us were in our teens at the time. Though I remember the older folk bringing their share of baggage. That said, I miss Lunartic and the others. I'm glad some of us are here. It may just be nostalgia talking, but those were some really good times. Those guys were probably my first online friends that I really cared about. Anyway, happy to be here now. I'll show off my ocarina collection soon.
Lunartic used to post around here more often, but has been really busy since a major move a couple years ago (she's doing well, just, like, not posting around so much). I don't recall who all else used to frequent the old Lunareb boards, especially since I never did myself.

It was nice having Lunareb around though. They hosted a lot of stuff we didn't have the bandwidth for at the time, so it was great having two major English-language websites and the Japanese-language LunarHope. ...now it's just us left. ....=/ KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lanku D'Certo
Saith Pirate

Post by Lanku D'Certo »

I do have one of Charlie's wooden ocs. It's very nice. A soft, mellow sound. Low breath requirement. His inline range is really nice and less expensive than his wooden sweet potatoes. You definitely get what you paid for, though. I recommend one if you're able to do the lower breath. It's easy for me to use too much, being that I'm a bigger guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I never posted at LunarEB, but my vague recollection is that the Lunartic who posts here is not the same one who posted there (and I think at the WDMB and maybe the Shrine to Ghaleon) years ago.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Welcome! I'm also new here ^_^
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions