Hiya, mates!

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Maus
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hiya, mates!

Post by Maus »

I honestly can't tell you just how wonderful it is to have found this site (kudos to Lunar Legend's Wikipedia page for that) because I just started "Eternal Blue" and I'm super eager to share my experiences -and learn from everyone else's- on here :)

I fell in love with the series after I was given a copy of Lunar Legend to review for a site around 2013, and I'm truly glad I did take on that job, because that was one of the only games that I kept on playing even after my submission was done (that was a rarity for me at the time, due to both the workload I was facing and the fact that many of the games sent my way weren't actually that good). My only regret is not having had the time to try any of the other games on the series at the time, when my interest peaked. But hey, at least I can now confirm that my liking for the series wasn't just because most of the other games I played were literal junk :P

Other than that, there's really not much to say about me :P But I think that it should be noted that English is NOT my first language, so you are going to see some mistakes here and there. Don't worry, I try to keep them minimal.

Have a nice day, mates :)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Hiya, mates!

Post by Sonic# »

Welcome Maus! You sure got the font for your signature up in short order. :D

And don't worry about little mistakes in your writing. We all make them, and your post was perfectly comprehensible.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Why thank you, mate! I was actually starting to fear that I was the only person on here... :P
You sure got the font for your signature up in short order.
Haha, yeah! Do you happen to know the name of the ACTUAL Lunar font? Googling it didn't help much.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

No idea on the font, but I thought your use of it for your sig was pretty cool. Welcome! Is the Redwood City you're in in CA? If so, we're near-neighbors. I'm glad you liked Lunar Legend so much.

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Alunissage wrote:No idea on the font, but I thought your use of it for your sig was pretty cool.
Thanks! In case you are wondering, the font I used for the sig is none other than good old Cambria Math (which I believe comes bundled with Windows).
Welcome!
Why thank you!
Is the Redwood City you're in in CA? If so, we're near-neighbors.
Haha, no. That's kind of a funny story, now that I think about it. You see... I'm actually from Argentina, but about a year (or two) ago I was playing a hackrom called "Pokèmon Resolute" (which is both the worst fanfic you will ever read and the best Pokèmon game you will ever play) and my favorite city of the bunch happened to be Redwood :P I liked the design, atmosphere and overall feel of that place so much that I wanted to be "part" of it (so to speak).
I'm glad you liked Lunar Legend so much.
:)!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Maus wrote:
Alunissage wrote:No idea on the font, but I thought your use of it for your sig was pretty cool.
Thanks! In case you are wondering, the font I used for the sig is none other than good old Cambria Math (which I believe comes bundled with Windows).
Huh... That's actually interesting how well it approximates the Lunar title font!
Maus wrote:Haha, no. That's kind of a funny story, now that I think about it. You see... I'm actually from Argentina, but about a year (or two) ago I was playing a hackrom called "Pokèmon Resolute" (which is both the worst fanfic you will ever read and the best Pokèmon game you will ever play) and my favorite city of the bunch happened to be Redwood :P I liked the design, atmosphere and overall feel of that place so much that I wanted to be "part" of it (so to speak).
Oh nice! Where in Argentina are you from? I spent two months in Rio Cuarto, Córdoba many many years ago. Been wanting to go back to visit for ages. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Maus wrote:Haha, no. That's kind of a funny story, now that I think about it. You see... I'm actually from Argentina, but about a year (or two) ago I was playing a hackrom called "Pokèmon Resolute" (which is both the worst fanfic you will ever read and the best Pokèmon game you will ever play) and my favorite city of the bunch happened to be Redwood :P I liked the design, atmosphere and overall feel of that place so much that I wanted to be "part" of it (so to speak).
Oh nice! Where in Argentina are you from? I spent two months in Rio Cuarto, Córdoba many many years ago. Been wanting to go back to visit for ages. KF
Oh, that's really cool that you could come! Hope you enjoyed your visit :)

I'm from Avellaneda, which is located inside of Buenos Aires.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Maus wrote:Oh, that's really cool that you could come! Hope you enjoyed your visit :)

I'm from Avellaneda, which is located inside of Buenos Aires.
Oh absolutely -- I loved every bit of it. It's also where I learned to speak Spanish, so by now I have this odd mix of Argentinian (from learning to speak there) and Chicano (from just living in the US and mostly being exposed to that dialect here). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)