Sorry for the late intro

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Dangerous_D
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sorry for the late intro

Post by Dangerous_D »

waited forever to get my account unlocked so I could post, glad to see there is a discussion board for the Lunar Games, remember seeing the ads for the games on Sega CD back in the 90's and was really stoked when Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue were released on PS1, of course I kinda wished that these games would be remade for PS3, better yet an animated movie made based on the games seeing Japanese Anime was used for the anime cut scenes. I've also been a big anime fan since the early 80's, my first set of animes go back to 84, Voltron, Transformers and Robotech

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Sorry for the late intro

Post by Alunissage »

I feel out of breath just reading that first sentence. :P Anyway, welcome.

I can't say I agree about wanting an animated movie of the games, but I may be in the minority on that point -- I don't even like voice acting much. But I'm always happy to talk about the games. ^_^

Dangerous_D
Saith Pirate

Post by Dangerous_D »

I've seen a lot of games I would've loved to seen make into movies, Gaiares, Gradius, R Type, Darius, Xenogears

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Welcome to the boards!

...sorry about the delay in getting your account activated. Um, my bad, really. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dangerous_D
Saith Pirate

Post by Dangerous_D »

no worries man

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Welcome to the forums!!! :D

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Dangerous_D
Saith Pirate

Post by Dangerous_D »

brit wrote:Welcome to the forums!!! :D

thank you

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Really polite of you to introduce yourself and all :P welcome to my favorite forums on the internet! Despite how little news we get each year.

Come to think of it, I never really introduced myself when I came to the forums... I just started posting, so thats a plus for you.

A Lunar anime? Hmmm... Anime has remained very popular through the years, but I fear that Lunar is not that daring compared to today's anime anymore. Maybe I'm wrong. I see lots of friends watching lots of anime, but I don't really watch them so I can't judge. It would hurt to get an anime without a game first XD so my wishes go for nothing other than a videogame.

BTW, I'm glad Lunar wasn't remade for PS3, cause now I'd be wanting a 60fps remaster on PS4 :D
Actually, even the PS4 seems to struggle with games that arent optimized well despite looking almost like PS2 games, in some cases.
So, for Lunar to get the glory it deserves on modern platforms, I'M GUESSING that there would need to be an insane amount of work put into it, something that sadly I don't see happening :(

To be honest, even Square Enix shows some very rough edges on this one game I love, World of Final Fantasy on PS4.
They couldn't even code a proper "follower" character that follows you nicely and naturally. You'd have to play that game to see what I mean. I love that game, but seeing it makes me think twice about if we're ready to have Lunar remade and with the glory it deserves.