Hi everyone

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Lunar-101
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hi everyone

Post by Lunar-101 »

I've been playing lunar games ever since the first one on the sega cd lol. Boy isn't that a blast from the past. For me no diss to the ps1 lunar silver star I liked the music better on the sega cd version than the PlayStation version. I just found lunar to be so much fun. I love the characters, music, plot lines, enemies, etc. One of my favorite scenes is when the grindery vs vane. That was great. I hate to say this I'm not holding my breath on a lunar 3 game. I read somewhere someone asked gameart if they would consider making a new lunar game. They said we have no plans of doing that at this time. That was a few years ago so it most likely won't happen. Considering working designs doesn't exist anymore. It will be hard to get a new game created. But I think if we as fans keep asking gameart to make a new lunar game it might happen. I'm just being realistic here. Last game was released back in 2002 so it just might not happen. What a bummer always wanted a new game. I do look forward to discussing lunar games and everything else surrounding this game series.

Nonononoki
Iluk Crackpot

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Nonononoki »

Welcome to LunarThreads! :)

Lunar-101
Burg Farmer

Post by Lunar-101 »

Thank you. I love the lunar series :).

r0wsdower
Lann Fisherman

Post by r0wsdower »

Forum newbies unite! I just ordered a copy of The Silver Star for Sega CD, and you've got me pumped to check out the soundtrack. See you around!
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun?"

Lunar-101
Burg Farmer

Post by Lunar-101 »

Excellent choice. I love the music in the sega cd version of the silver star. I'm so jealous lol.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Welcome! Sorry the boards haven't been as active lately, but we have a few new members and occasionally older members (like me) will try to start up new discussions.

And yes, the music on the Sega CD versions, especially for TSS, was much better than in the remakes... Also if you ask me the entire game was better on top of that.

As for new Lunar games, well... there's always that outside possibility (games like Ys, Breath of Fire, and Kid Icarus got new installments long after their original releases), but I've basically let go of any hope of that in, like, 2005. With Lunar: Dragon Song (which I'm perfectly fine not acknowledging the existence of), I have no confidence that any new game won't either (a) be another port/remake (like Silver Star Harmony or the iOS version), or (b) have almost no serious resources given to making it any good (like Dragon Song).

...but we'll always have LunarNET {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lunar-101
Burg Farmer

Post by Lunar-101 »

Yep I agree with the sega cd music it just was so memorable to me. Sadly I do hate to admit it we probably won't get a new lunar game. Gameart doesn't seem interested or willing. Even when we ask about lunar 3 we get rejected. I feel the same with Grandia as well. Since the main creator died I highly doubt we will get another game. It's just to bad no one wants to create new games from each series. Ah what a bummer. It is what it is. If I could change that I would.

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

Hi, Lunar-101. Welcome to Lunar Threads! This is a great site and forum, so I hope you stick around!
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!