Hi there

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
The Boat Song
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hi there

Post by The Boat Song »

Hi, I recently remembered the site and looked further into it, after finally having the time and the motivation of playing Lunar SSSC and Luar EB (PSX). I'm not really sure what I'm expecting from being registered here, or if I can even provide and valuable inromation regarding the series or it's development. Actually, I doubt there is much left to be discovered, but that doesn't mean that there's nothing left to say, or to remember.

Ugh, I don't really know what else to tell you about me. I'm somewhat of a NEET and I live in germany.

I read a about Lunar, when I first came in contact with RPGs, but I never had the chance to play it (never found a copy anywhere T_T ), until a few years ago. Unfortunately I neither had the time, nor the drive to actually play it, before my old PSX died in one of the most infuriating bongcrush experiences I ever had. I forgot about my PSX games for a while and even gave some of them away. But a little while ago, after ca. 4 years, I realised that could just use an EMU.

Mmh...yeah, that's pretty much who I am. I suck at making user names, so I chose the thing that made me curious about Lunar.
I knew the lyrics before I knew anything else, thanks to the little kittycat l0l

I'm really out of words here. Ask me whatever you want, I guess?

Leo
BANNED

Re: Hi there

Post by Leo »

You broke your bong AND ruined your Playstation at the same time? =(

And it doesn't matter if you don't have new information on the games to provide. Another fan is always welcome so as long as it's not obscene, all discussion is fair game as long as it's made in the appropriate forum and you clearly have no problem there. Random thoughts on the game, serious questions about the story, gameplay, music or anything really. Most of us find any of that interesting.

This forum is emulation friendly but you can't discuss ROM/ISO locations and where to get the BIOS. We're all operating under the assumption that everyone here is using the actual discs. Since you've chosen it as your name, I motion to say we all start referring to it as Wind's Nocturne to avoid confusion. That's one of the few singing situations I saw in gaming back then and it captivated anyone that played the game. It was a much better FMV than Final Fantasy VIII's dance scene with Squall and Rinoa and it's also one of the things people bring up in SSSC's favor when people TSS vs SSSC.

The Boat Song
Saith Pirate

Post by The Boat Song »

Leo wrote:You broke your bong AND ruined your Playstation at the same time? =(
It's hard to explain in detail, but the basic idea is, that some glass and dirty bong water fell into the opened console.
This forum is emulation friendly but you can't discuss ROM/ISO locationsand where to get the BIOS.
That goes without saying.
We're all operating under the assumption that everyone here is using the actual discs.

I actually got a lot of stuff from my ex's sister. She used to be a complete shut-in with a room full of imported stuff, but at some point she was forced to get a real life, blah blah and gave away some of her stuff.
That's one of the few singing situations I saw in gaming back then and it captivated anyone that played the game. It was a much better FMV than Final Fantasy VIII's dance scene with Squall and Rinoa
Why, come to think of it, I can't remember any other singing in a PSX RPG's cutscene (from top of my head) other than Luna's and Garnet's in FF IX, the latter wasn't as nice to listen to though. I think Luna easily wins because of the lyrics and presentation.
I finished FF VIII in both NTSC the american and the german versions and didn't like the Squall/Rinoa thing at all. I found it implausable for some reason. I didn't like the art style of VIII to be honest.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

I can understand why you wouldn't. Final Fantasy 8 is well known for having a bad story that's full of plot holes and ridiculous characters. It does have a great soundtrack, though, and Triple Triad is pretty awesome.

You should definitely play the Sega CD games, though. There are more than enough differences to make it worthwhile.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Hey, welcome to the boards!

There's no obligations to posting here -- whether you have new information, want to talk, or want to do whatever, it doesn't really matter. It's all pretty much welcome.

Just a quick question... what's a NEET? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Not in Education, Employment, or Training,
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

The Boat Song
Saith Pirate

Post by The Boat Song »

There is a wikipedia article. Basically a lazy bum.