Scholarly Hoo-Hah

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Mystereous_Paladin
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Scholarly Hoo-Hah

Post by Mystereous_Paladin »

Hello!
I'm a graduate student in the English Department of Kansas State University. Over the next two years I'm going to be doing my work on Lunar 2. Specifically mainly on L2:EBC, specifically on it in English. I plan on doing a gigantic analysis of the everything about it. My first playthroughs will be for fun and paraphrasing then figurative language/imagery and the like. Then a critical/theoretical playthough. There's some crazy stuff in this game!
The papers and such will mainly be about postmodern literary conventions and where L2 breaks away from that. Focus on narrative theory, the New Sincerity/David Foster Wallace and the way story-telling is moving away from what it use to be.

This is my favorite game ever and I feel I can really tackle it, unlike the complexity that is Xenogears and Xenosaga (a bit beyond me at the moment).

I'll start a thread over in the proper place soon.

Should be fun! I'm looking for advice and ideas and continuity checks and things like that. Hopefully I can provide some interesting ideas about the game and story!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Scholarly Hoo-Hah

Post by Sonic# »

Welcome to the board! I hope we can help answer your questions and concerns.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

brit
White Dragon Knight

Re: Scholarly Hoo-Hah

Post by brit »

Welcome to the threads! :D

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **