Getting into Lunar again

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Enclave
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Getting into Lunar again

Post by Enclave »

I've been getting back into Lunar thanks to another site where some people talked about it and I'm definitely enjoying it. I originally got into the series because of EBC ads I saw in magazines and bought a used copy of EBC with some of the collector's edition goodies in 2001, but never played it until I grabbed a copy of SSSC and beat it like 8 years later. I played EBC soon after, but never beat it. Forgot about the series until I saw someone start talking about it a month ago, so I dug out my copies of SSSC and EBC. I just beat SSSC, but I'm waiting for a bit before starting EBC and finally beating it.

The funny thing is, I don't really play jRPGs anymore nor watch anime, but I love Lunar. I'm an American RPG and FPS type of person now, but the earlier Final Fantasies, and specifically Lunar, will always have a special place. Replaying SSSC has reminded my why I loved the games so much when I played them several years ago.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Re: Getting into Lunar again

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Welcome! So glad to hear you're rediscovering your love of Lunar! :D
I completely agree with you, anime and video games in general have gotten away from me lately. Maybe because I'm growing older, or maybe JRPGs just don't hold the same kind of weight as they used to. My love of Lunar has remained forever constant though, no matter how long it's been. And after those long breaks, I found it's always a treat to go back and fall in love with Lunar all over again. :D

Hope you enjoy yourself around the boards here!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Awesome! Great to have you around!

Same here, by the way... It's hard for me to get into JRPGs the way I used to. The only things that tend to resonate are ones from the 90s and very early 00s. Maybe I just don't have the time anymore to play like I used to (and maybe I need to update my game collection...). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Welcome to the board!

I've found a few recent JRPGs to be quite enjoyable, but I go back to the classics these days at least as often. I've been thinking of replaying Grandia lately, for instance...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Hallo! ^_^ Always nice to have Lunar fans come here! :D
-Nobi