Hey everyone! :)

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
OliviasA90sKid
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hey everyone! :)

Post by OliviasA90sKid »

Hey everyone! I'm Olivia and I'm new to this thread. I'm so excited to meet fellow Lunar fans! :D

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Hey everyone! :)

Post by Arlia »

Hello Olivia! So, what all have you played?

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Hi there!
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

OliviasA90sKid
Burg Farmer

Post by OliviasA90sKid »

I've played Silver Star Story Complete, Eternal Blue Complete, and a little bit of Dragon Song. Which ones have you played?

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

OliviasA90sKid wrote:I've played Silver Star Story Complete, Eternal Blue Complete, and a little bit of Dragon Song. Which ones have you played?
  • Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD)
  • Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD)
  • Lunar: Silver Star Story (Sega Saturn, Japanese import)
  • Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (Sega Saturn, Japanese import)
  • Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (PSX)
  • Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (PSX)
  • Lunar: Dragon Song (DS) -- just a bit, like you... battle system just made it too tedious
  • Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP)
Last edited by Dragonmaster Lou on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OliviasA90sKid
Burg Farmer

Post by OliviasA90sKid »

That's awesome! My brothers used to play the Sega CD version of Silver Star Story when they were little. I want to play Silver Star Harmony but I don't have a PSP haha! :)

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

OliviasA90sKid wrote:That's awesome! My brothers used to play the Sega CD version of Silver Star Story when they were little. I want to play Silver Star Harmony but I don't have a PSP haha! :)
Yeah, I'm old. :) Maybe not the oldest one here, but I'm probably among the oldest. :)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Welcome! :D

If you ever get the chance, you should totally try the Sega CD versions. They are just as enjoyable as the PSX remakes. :3

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

OliviasA90sKid wrote:I've played Silver Star Story Complete, Eternal Blue Complete, and a little bit of Dragon Song. Which ones have you played?
First, welcome to the boards!

Second, I'm sorry you had to endure Dragon Song.

Third, as for what games I've played? Quite literally all of them and every version, except for Lunar SSS on the PC, and the Korean version of Lunar SSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Welcome to the board!

I haven't played nearly so many as Lou or Kizyr. I've played some of TSS for Sega CD, both Playstation Lunars, a portion of Dragon Song, and the PSP port of the first game.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Kizyr wrote:Third, as for what games I've played? Quite literally all of them and every version, except for Lunar SSS on the PC, and the Korean version of Lunar SSS. KF
I've played those! =) And the MPEG SSS, which took some doing to get the hardware for it. Haven't finished any of them, but have at least started them all.

I think the only ones I haven't even put into a machine to play are the Japanese PSX SSS and EB. I have two copies of each, just haven't had a reason since the sound is better on the Saturn ones and WD didn't change the locations of any of the EBC bromides.

But heck, I even played all three regions of Dragon Song. Which I really should get back to.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Speaking of the sound on the PSX version of EBC... What the heck did WD do when they put together the EBC soundtrack CD?! The music there sounds like total crap! Granted, the PSX version doesn't sound as crisp as the Saturn version, but looking at youtube videos of EBC gameplay, it sounds much, much better than the soundtrack CD did. Really, the EBC soundtrack CD sounds like it was made using some sort of el-cheapo SoundBlaster MIDI card or something. I much prefer to listening to rips from the Saturn version -- at least they sound "right."

OliviasA90sKid
Burg Farmer

Post by OliviasA90sKid »

I want to play the PC version that was only released in Japan and Korea so badly! I heard somewhere that they were going to release it in the United States but they cancelled it. Is there any truth to that?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Lou, I don't know the answer, but I have noticed it. Mainly I noticed it when I played one of the songs ([strike]Track 16?[/strike] Track 16!) in class for an English assignment. The vocals and the lyrics were the necessary part, and I like the song, but the synth off of the soundtrack ... it might just be my untrained ear, but it isn't the best.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

OliviasA90sKid wrote:I want to play the PC version that was only released in Japan and Korea so badly! I heard somewhere that they were going to release it in the United States but they cancelled it. Is there any truth to that?
Nope. Just rumors.

As far as I know, Alun's the only one here who has played the Korean version. I don't speak Korean so that's the only one where I wouldn't be much use. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Kizyr wrote:
OliviasA90sKid wrote:I want to play the PC version that was only released in Japan and Korea so badly! I heard somewhere that they were going to release it in the United States but they cancelled it. Is there any truth to that?
Nope. Just rumors.
Uh? WD was absolutely working on localizing the PC version. I picked up a flyer for it at E3 in 2000. They cancelled it because it was buggy to begin with and trying to fix everything so it would run on the infinite combinations of PC hardware was becoming an impossible task. (The last build would crash after about Lann, IIRC.) So they cancelled it and released the Fan Edition of SSSC instead.

I don't think I'm the only one to play the Korean game -- Danni (PrettyGirlJean) got it as well, and thereby alerted me to the fact that there were two releases in Korea -- but yeah, it's not mentioned much. It was pretty hard for me to get the regular release; I had to adopt a cat to get it. No kidding.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:
Kizyr wrote:
Nope. Just rumors.
Uh? WD was absolutely working on localizing the PC version. I picked up a flyer for it at E3 in 2000. They cancelled it because it was buggy to begin with and trying to fix everything so it would run on the infinite combinations of PC hardware was becoming an impossible task. (The last build would crash after about Lann, IIRC.) So they cancelled it and released the Fan Edition of SSSC instead.
My mistake! Thanks for correcting me. I think I may have had that confused with ideas for localizing All The Lunar (which never was a plan, if I recall). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Wow, turned into a big topic.

But I've played the two Complete games (that's what brought me into the Lunar universe, admittedly) the Sega CD titles, but my card kept crapping out so I haven't finished them, Legend, and I'd like to get my hands on Walking/Magic School.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:Speaking of the sound on the PSX version of EBC... What the heck did WD do when they put together the EBC soundtrack CD?! The music there sounds like total crap!
Know what you mean, I never much cared for that disk. If I'm not mistaken, there was a certain guy who handled "additional music" in WD games - Bill King. I'm pretty sure he composed the Star Dragon Theme, and I bet he did these arranged CDs too. Because they are arrangements.

List of Lunar games I've completed, not counting ports and languages:
The Silver Star, Eternal Blue, Silver Star Story, the Lunar 2 remake, Magic School, Genesis, Harmony.
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

*nudges Shiva to play the Korean game and provide some names*

The saving feature of the EBC soundtrack is that it has the Star Dragon Theme, which WD was unable to add to the game itself. It's still one of my favorite pieces of Lunar music, despite being the only one composed on this side of the pond.