One hell of a semester

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

One hell of a semester

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

I'm back. I will never take four graduate math classes simultaneously again. And along the way, that girl I'd been chasing started dating a really good friend of mine, right after turning me down because she "doesn't want to date anyone right now, needs to just be single." Bah. This has just been a crappy semester.

Well, at least I'm done with classes, and I finally have time to hang out on all my favorite forums. Good to be back!

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Re: One hell of a semester

Post by lnrSaxon »

Ouch, dude.

Well, know that taking 3 bible/theology classes and 2 english classes isn't much better. >.< I didn't stop writing papers after October. O_O Next term's gonna be insane (5 bible classes and a psych), but i'm just that much closer to graduation! And so are you!

welcome back. ^^ hello.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I should go back to school...oh well.

Welcome back none the less!

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Ardent Fox wrote:I should go back to school...oh well.

Welcome back none the less!
Seconded, and seconded. :mrgreen:

You know, it's hard to lay it on the line when you have to shoot someone down. But it's better for everyone involved if you do.
「まあいいけど。」

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:I will never take four graduate math classes simultaneously again.
I did that once. Not much fun. I'm glad to be at the point in my program where I need to take one class per semester.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:And along the way, that girl I'd been chasing started dating a really good friend of mine, right after turning me down because she "doesn't want to date anyone right now, needs to just be single."
Yeah, that happened to me. A lot.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Imperial Knight wrote:
Vyse of Arcadia wrote:I will never take four graduate math classes simultaneously again.
I did that once. Not much fun. I'm glad to be at the point in my program where I need to take one class per semester.
I was only required to take three, but it ended up being the situation where four classes I needed to take at some point were all being taught by the professor to take them with.

Next semester I'm still in three. I'll be so glad when prelims are out of the way.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

The semester I took four was also by choice, though I don't remember why exactly.

What are prelims like down in your neck of the woods? Written exam(s)? Oral exam(s)? Over the field you intend to do your research in or more broad?