Hellos and stuff (but not much).

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
ZP
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hellos and stuff (but not much).

Post by ZP »

Nice domain name! How come no-one thought of that before?

:lol: <---this smilie is scary.

lunarwarrior34
Burg Farmer

Post by lunarwarrior34 »

w00t i'm the first one to reply!!!!

No one really knows......but any way hi!!

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

Welcome to the forums! Listen to the admins, follow the rules, don't post that smilie, and you will be loved by everyone! Well, maybe not everyone...
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

Wow, replies already! This place is far too active.

I'll speak no more of the smilie.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm assuming this isn't ZP as in Zone Pharoah from the old site is it?
-G1

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

It is. I was trying to look up info on the Lunar DS game on GameFAQs, and found a link back to here (I think it was you that posted it). I've been out of the loop for some time, but then so has this series of games!

You always did spell Pharaoh funny.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I never did get it right did I? :P Wow man, it's been ages! How you been?
-G1

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Wow, ZP its been ages.

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

Hi DragonmasterDan!

So let's see, how have I been... Well, a couple of months ago I left the job I had back when I left RPGFan. I felt that there wasn't anything more to learn from it and there was no where to progress to (or prospects of a raise), so I'm now looking for work and have lots of free time! I've been using it to enjoy summer and play games, but alas money is running low now so I really need to do something about that. I now live very close to the centre of London, so it's not cheap! My friends have grown in number since the UK anime fan-base has grown considerably and I'm still very close to that, plus I know more gamers and goths now (not sure where the goths came from, I think I can blame my flatmates). But personally I haven't changed much. Still single and rubbish but older and not particularly wiser.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Cheese!

Welcome to the board. Hi-yup!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I'm in the same boat of looking for work, though I may have found something today. I finished college in May, so things are going pretty good I guess. It's nice to see you back in the Lunar community for sure. Also, didn't you get your hands on All the Lunar years ago when it came out? I know you were looking to get it, but I can't remember if you were able to pick it up. I know you have the rare Lunar Magic School anime, but I know both of us wanted All the Lunar back then. I finally got my hands on it last month with the entire Lunar soundtrack collection, so I'm a happy camper there.
-G1

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Welcome back!

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

I forgot all about that! Even with a pretty good connection in Japan I never did manage to get All the Lunar, and eventually forgot all about it. My only Lunar purchases in recent years would be the Japanese version of Lunar Legend (I can't say that I enjoyed this version much) and Strolling School. I don't own a Game Gear, but I saw it going cheap on ebay so I rescued it to feel less naughty about playing the ROM (which is now installed on my mobile phone) and drool over the packaging.

Collection-wise I moved onto Sakura Wars. I think it's impossible to have everything Sakura Wars related since there's so much merchandise, but I have all the games and US released anime. It meant caving in to the PS2 though. Grr...

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

ZP wrote:I forgot all about that! Even with a pretty good connection in Japan I never did manage to get All the Lunar, and eventually forgot all about it. My only Lunar purchases in recent years would be the Japanese version of Lunar Legend (I can't say that I enjoyed this version much) and Strolling School. I don't own a Game Gear, but I saw it going cheap on ebay so I rescued it to feel less naughty about playing the ROM (which is now installed on my mobile phone) and drool over the packaging.

Collection-wise I moved onto Sakura Wars. I think it's impossible to have everything Sakura Wars related since there's so much merchandise, but I have all the games and US released anime. It meant caving in to the PS2 though. Grr...

Strolling school/Walking School really varies in price, I picked it up back when there were very very few Japanese sellers on ebay and the cost was at a premium, I've seen it go far lower since.

On a side note, considering there are Sakura Wars themed Dreamcast systems (and other even more expensive items licensed from my second favorite Red company RPG series) I can only imagine that collecting everything Sakura Wars is ..well a nightmare.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Zone Pharaoh! Oh man, it's been way too long..... For any of the newer members here, ZP was around before most of y'all ever had a PSX; one of the originals, I mean.

I now live very close to the centre of London, so it's not cheap! My friends have grown in number since the UK anime fan-base has grown considerably and I'm still very close to that, plus I know more gamers and goths now (not sure where the goths came from, I think I can blame my flatmates). But personally I haven't changed much. Still single and rubbish but older and not particularly wiser.

Hm, I can't imagine that'd be easy on the wallet at all. As I recall, the gaming scene even is considerably smaller in the UK than elsewhere (US, Japan, South Korea, e.g.).

I don't own a Game Gear, but I saw it going cheap on ebay so I rescued it to feel less naughty about playing the ROM (which is now installed on my mobile phone) and drool over the packaging.

Heh, don't feel so bad about it. Strolling School is rare enough to where it's worth the collectors' value alone. I don't even think my Game Gear works anymore.

Collection-wise I moved onto Sakura Wars.

...are you insane!? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, never known you before, but now I guess I get to meet someone that the oldbies knew. (Which is good, because it doesn't make me feel so old either, bwa hahahaha!)

So uh, nice to meet you! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: *evil laughs*

So, a UKer eh? Nice... I've always wanted to go there... not to mention I would mind knowing if it's easier to live there and make a living than here in the US.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ha, I wondered when I read a post by ZP in another board here whether it'd be the same person. I don't think you'd have any reason to know me, and I don't remember much about you other than that you go way back and were RPGFan staff for a while, but I did at least recognize the SN. ;) Nice to see you here.