Introduction

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Blasingame
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Introduction

Post by Blasingame »

Hello,

Allow my to introduce myself, I am Blasingame.

I came across lunar-net.com from a post on the Gamefaqs lunar 2 message board (don't remember which post it was). I have to say I am very impressed with the layout of the webpage. I am also impressed with all the screenshots of the game which says to me this community is pretty dedicated to the lunar games.

How did I come across Lunar? Well I remember back in 1999 seeing this title in Gamestops (full box and everything), didn't bother to pick it up as I had been playing other games like Starcraft, half-life, PSO. It wasn't until in 2009 that I came across a craigslist ad in my town that someone was selling a complete in box edition of Lunar Silver Star Complete for the PS1. I bought it for $45. I thought it was a good investment considering it came with lots of neat things like the hard bound cover book, and the cloth map.

This about a month ago I saw an ad for Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete for the PS1on craigslist. The seller had it at $55 I quickly got in contact and made the purchase. The special thing about this again, it came with everything! Omake box, pendant, book, and game. The boxes inside are still sealed and the pendant was never opened. It was barely used. considering the huge mark up it gets on ebay, I felt pretty lucky. Not to mention the seller threw in a black label copy of Legend of Dragoon for free!

Well I haven't gotten around to really playing these games. I played Lunar SSS up to the beginning cave. But I am anticipating a good experience from this game due to it's old school RPG nature.

Thanks to the admin who allowed me to participate on this board. 8-)

Right now trying to make my way through Final Fantasy VIII then I hope I can tackle Lunar SSS.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Introduction

Post by Kizyr »

Welcome! Sorry for any registration delays. Because of spambot problems, we have to manually activate every account, so it can sometimes take a few days if me or one of the other admins is pretty busy (usually me). But I hope you'll stick around! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Welcome, welcome!

I've never looked for any games on craigslist. Maybe I'll have to.

Blasingame
Meryod Yokel

Post by Blasingame »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Welcome, welcome!

You can get lucky on some deals, but there are lots of rip off lot deals to stay away from.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Welcome to L-Net! *gives Blasingame a cookie*

I've never got on Craigslist before, but that's a pretty good deal for Lunar and Lunar 2. Usually on Ebay they cost that much or more, plus shipping and handling.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Hello, and welcome!
Blasingame wrote:
Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Welcome, welcome!

You can get lucky on some deals, but there are lots of rip off lot deals to stay away from.
Well, you have the same issues on ebay. Though, I've hadn't gotten ripped off often. Once or twice. I haven't tried craigslist either, but my sister has, and says good things about it.

JeansPast
Lann Fisherman

Post by JeansPast »

Welcome to the boards. Try to stay on 'em, as I shall.
I am the funeral dancer on the outer wave