Oh wow

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
PottleElf
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Oh wow

Post by PottleElf »

This place is still alive and kickin! How are you guys? Does anyone even remember me? It's been, like, years. The apprenticeship sort of stole my life for the past four years, but now I'm done with that and back to having some semblance of a life outside of training.
Last edited by PottleElf on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Oh wow

Post by GhaleonOne »

!!! Pottle! Nice to see you back mate!
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Hell yea! Vay!

f*ck yeah, seaking

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I remember the legendary Pottle. 8-)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I don't remember you, however...welcome back! *gives Pottle a welcome back cookie*

PottleElf
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by PottleElf »

It's good to see people still remember me! I was worried. So what happened while I was gone? I wanted to come back as soon as I heard about the new Lunar game, but some life-related issues got in the way. That reminds me, I need to update my profile...
Dark_Fairy wrote:I don't remember you, however...welcome back! *gives Pottle a welcome back cookie*
Thanks for the cookie! As long as it's not oatmeal then I'm happy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Like G1 said, welcome back! Where have you been? What's been going on?
PottleElf wrote:So what happened while I was gone?
Well, updates on all the novels, a Magical School Lunar walkthrough, Lunar: Dragon Song got released (unfortunately), and Lunar: Silver Star Harmony is about to be released (fortunately). That's it in a nutshell. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

'Ello, 'ottle! 'elcome 'ack!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

I remember you. Well, I remember your name and avatar anyway. :oops:

PottleElf
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by PottleElf »

Thanks guys. <(^^)>
Sonic# wrote:'Ello, 'ottle! 'elcome 'ack!
Did you go cockney on me?
Kizyr wrote:Where have you been? What's been going on?
My "training" ended, so I'm now a "resident healer". Man, I thought I'd never be done with that. The third year is the toughest you know.

One thing that majorly, majorly, majorly sucked is that a year and a half ago my apartment got broken into and completely raided. (I don't live in that neighborhood anymore. You can tell why.) Whoever it was didn't touch my textbooks, but he did steal everything of monetary value, and trashed a few things of sentimental value. I was so caught up in exams that week though that I didn't even have time to clean up.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

PottleElf wrote:One thing that majorly, majorly, majorly sucked is that a year and a half ago my apartment got broken into and completely raided. (I don't live in that neighborhood anymore. You can tell why.) Whoever it was didn't touch my textbooks, but he did steal everything of monetary value, and trashed a few things of sentimental value. I was so caught up in exams that week though that I didn't even have time to clean up.
Seriously?!

That really does suck... What'd they take / smash up? Did insurance cover anything? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

PottleElf
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by PottleElf »

Kizyr wrote:That really does suck... What'd they take / smash up? Did insurance cover anything? KF
I didn't have much stuff worth insuring, cause insurance doesn't cover sentimental value. So yeah, no insurance there, not that it would've helped. Fortunately they didn't take my notebook (I had that with me) or touch my textbooks (prolly too heavy). They did smash up the bookshelves, some of the furniture, and the cabinets, and they cleared out the kitchen and bathroom (who the hell takes toilet paper? really?).

The worst part, though... they pretty much lifted all the games I had. That includes both Lunar I and Lunar II (Sega CD and Playstation), Vay (Sega CD (I even had the Japanese version)), Sonic CD, and some other stuff I can't even remember now. And then they smashed up my CDX and stole the Playstation. I got all the systems back, but I still don't have any of those SCD games I lost. I put all my games in a CD book, so I still have the case and everything, just not the games.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Did they ever catch those responsible? See, this is why I'm a huge fan of Claymore mines at doors and windows. =P

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

PottleElf wrote:Fortunately they didn't take my notebook (I had that with me) or touch my textbooks (prolly too heavy).
All the other stuff sucks, but... at least you were able to continue studying. I had my laptop stolen in the middle of writing my economics thesis, and that set me back like a full week of work (would've been months had I not backed up anything), not to mention how much it slowed down all my work thereafter...
PottleElf wrote:The worst part, though... they pretty much lifted all the games I had. That includes both Lunar I and Lunar II (Sega CD and Playstation), Vay (Sega CD (I even had the Japanese version)), Sonic CD, and some other stuff I can't even remember now. And then they smashed up my CDX and stole the Playstation.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man. I don't know what to say... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

phyco126 wrote:Did they ever catch those responsible? See, this is why I'm a huge fan of Claymore mines at doors and windows. =P
The police in my area couldn't be bothered to find, confront, or question, a thief broke into several cars and ripped out car stereos when we had him him clearly on video tape from several cameras, three eye witnesses who chased the perpetrator (Not building security. Oh no, they couldn't leave their comfy desks.) with clear footage of the perpetrator's getaway vehicle with the license plate on film and easy to read. The most they could be bother to do was run the pate, get his address, and they stopped there.

Knowing that, what do you think the chances are that Pottle's guy was caught?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Not all police are the same, so there is a chance he got someone who actually cared about doing what they are paid to do. Not a overly large chance, I have noticed police in many areas, my city included, are lazy arrogant powertrippers who don't give a rats ass. Yet they get a large amount of money in salary. Hmph.

PottleElf
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by PottleElf »

To their credit, the police in my area were pretty nice. But the area I was in had a lot of crime going on that was kinda worse (like shootings and drug/gang violence). I mean at that point all they could do would be dust for prints, and it's not like that would've gotten them anywhere, so I wasn't really upset that they didn't spend much time on it. I mean I eventually managed to rebuy all the stuff that had actual monetary value (after I moved). The only stuff that I'm still upset about are those rare games that I can't get ahold of.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I used to live in an apartment that was surrounded by violence. It wasn't very nice. I'm so glad I moved.

Suprisingly, despite having no window for all summer (when I lived there), no one tried to take anything. That was weird.

PottleElf
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by PottleElf »

Well talking with other people about it, I really think it was drug related. It takes someone out of their right mind to actually steal toilet paper. Maybe you just really didn't have anything worth stealing? ;)