Greetings

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
AirkRaven
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Greetings

Post by AirkRaven »

Hi,

Online I usually go by 'K'.

I've been a fan of Lunar since I got the collector's edition of SSSC for PS1 some time after it was released. It was a fluke really, I was looking for a different game when I saw a copy of the SSSC collector's edition on sale for 50% off at a KB Toys store. I got so sucked into the game and story that I played it from start to finish in less than 3 days. I can't exactly explain why, but once I started playing it I just could not put it down. Ah, the joys of being an aloof college student. I loved the story in that game so much I routinely tell people how it is one of the best stories (Movie, Book, OR Video Game) I have ever had the great pleasure to have experienced. I still own the game and all of the materials that came in the collector's box. I also got a collector's edition of Eternal Blue for the PS1 on the first day it was released, it was a good game and has a great story, but the story in SSSC is just on another level I suppose. I think it took me a few weeks to finally complete EB.

Anyhow, I stumbled across this website in my search for how to do a code dump of my SSSC and EB PS1 disks so I can play the games on my laptop while I am at work. I work in the emergency services field and when I work the overnight shifts I usually have a lot of down time and instead of falling asleep (something I can get written up for) I try to occupy my time with something, and yes playing on my own personal laptop is allowed so long as it doesn't interfere with work. However, I have since given up that pursuit (code dumping the game disks) as I have heard about the upcoming re-release and update of SSS for the PSP. So now I'm just plotting how I'm going to get my hands on a PSP and the game once it's finally out.

Which leads me to why I joined this message board; So I can keep up to date on all the latest news that's coming out about the game and it's eventual release. I'm so excited I ended up typing a full three paragraph introduction post. =D So, that's my experience with this wonderful game series and what eventually lead me to this forum. Be well and have fun.

Truly,
K

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: Greetings

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Welcome to L-Net! *gives K a cookie*

The Lunar games really do suck you into the game. The story is just that awesome.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Welcome to the boards! :D I was introduced to the Lunar series with SSSC as well. I agree with what you said about the storyline, and I prefer it over EBC also.

Great icon btw! :lol:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

AirkRaven
Burg Farmer

Post by AirkRaven »

Yay cookie! *Om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom* Danka :o)

And thanks for the welcome. On a side note, I didn't make that icon. I don't know who did or I would have a credit up for them in my sig. The person I 'borrowed' it from didn't know who made it either. They told me they found it on some Icon site amongst thousands of other Icons that people uploaded for use by anyone who wants to.

-K
Not all that glisters is gold nor all who wander are lost.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Welcome to the forums!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Hey! New people!

*waves*