Hello Everyone!

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hello Everyone!

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Hello everyone. I'm LiquidPolicenaut and...I have a drinking problem. No wait, wrong group ;) Anyways, I AM new here and figured I would introduce myself. I have been a loooooooooooooong time Lunar fan (bought TSS on its actual release date for the Sega CD!) and own a good amount of Lunar merchandise so I guess Im a full-blooded Lunar devotee! I have been to this site ever since it was first put up and, just now, I am actually registering. Why did it take so long? I have no idea!! :) But I am here and justhad to say I have always loved this site and when I would lurk the boards, just by reading the posts it seems like everyone here is pretty cool. So, yup, thats me...

**walks aways from the podium....**
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Awesome, welcome to the board! It's always great to have new Lunar devotees around, especially longtime fans of the series. Make yourself at home!

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Awesome, welcome to the board! It's always great to have new Lunar devotees around, especially longtime fans of the series. Make yourself at home!
Especially since he thinks we're pretty cool. Those kind of delusional personalities just don't come along every day! :D

Seriously, have fun!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

DezoPenguin wrote:
ilovemyguitar wrote:Awesome, welcome to the board! It's always great to have new Lunar devotees around, especially longtime fans of the series. Make yourself at home!
Especially since he thinks we're pretty cool. Those kind of delusional personalities just don't come along every day! :D
Careful! You don't want to blow our cover!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Welcome to the forums!

...I take it you're also a Policenauts fan? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Thanks for the welcomes!
Kizyr wrote:Welcome to the forums!

...I take it you're also a Policenauts fan? KF

Yup yup :) I happen to run "The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine" site. They are the only 2 games I probably love more than the Lunar games...
Visit my Youtube site!!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hello there. If you ever have a problem with drinking, just send the booze my way. I'll help ya quit. Not often I get to have free drinks. =P

Kidding aside, welcome to the forums!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

liquidpolicenaut wrote:Yup yup :) I happen to run "The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine" site. They are the only 2 games I probably love more than the Lunar games...
I haven't played Policenauts, actually... But, Snatcher was one of my favorite games on the Sega CD (right next to the Lunar games and Sonic CD) -- and Saturn, technically, but the remake has so few changes.

I only know about Policenauts because most every Snatcher fan also is a big Policenauts fan, it'd seem. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Kizyr wrote:I haven't played Policenauts, actually... But, Snatcher was one of my favorite games on the Sega CD (right next to the Lunar games and Sonic CD) -- and Saturn, technically, but the remake has so few changes.

I only know about Policenauts because most every Snatcher fan also is a big Policenauts fan, it'd seem. KF
Actually, there are quite a few changes between the Snatcher versions, albeit most (not all) are graphical and soundtrack wise (mainly for the worse I might add). I listed most of them on my site and made two videos on them on my Youtube page so people can see how certain things just should NOT be changed (as was the case with Lunar:SSSC in many cases)...
Visit my Youtube site!!

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

liquidpolicenaut wrote:Actually, there are quite a few changes between the Snatcher versions, albeit most (not all) are graphical and soundtrack wise (mainly for the worse I might add). I listed most of them on my site and made two videos on them on my Youtube page so people can see how certain things just should NOT be changed (as was the case with Lunar:SSSC in many cases)...
Yeah I have both versions (the English Sega CD and Japanese Saturn ones). So, the only major differences I noticed were the things related to the localization--Katrina being 15 (or was it 14?) instead of 18, Alice still twitching after she's thrown through the window, and the one Snatcher's dress slipping after you shoot her/it.

Everything else was graphical/sound-related, so I didn't really consider those all that much. I'll check some of what you've listed out, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Welcome to L-Net! *gives cookie*

It's nice to finally join, isn't it? Make yourself at home. The last time I checked, there was plenty of food and beverages. Help yourself! :mrgreen:

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

phyco126 wrote:Hello there. If you ever have a problem with drinking, just send the booze my way. I'll help ya quit. Not often I get to have free drinks. =P

Kidding aside, welcome to the forums!
More Irish Coffee for me.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Now I want to play Snatcher. Thanks a lot, now I have to buy a game for 200 dollars on eBay...

I hope you enjoy your stay at the forums.