Hi

New users, post your introduction to the forums here here!
Posters leaving for or returning after an extended period of time, feel free to post here as well!
Craig
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hi

Post by Craig »

Whats goin on guys.
Ive been an avid Lunar fan since I was a kid. It was 1994, I had just gotten SEGA CD for my birthday and I was looking for a game other than Sewer Shark and Sonic CD to play. So I go into Gamestop (Funcoland at the time) and asked the clerk what he thought the best SEGA CD game was, he handed me Lunar The Silver Star. Ever since then I have been in love with the Lunar series. Some of you might remember me as Khaos512 from the old AOL VG boards. I see some names that I remember, GhaleonOne is one of em.

-Craig

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

What's up? I do't remember you, cause I joined the NET about a week ago, though I wanted to years ago but did'nt. Eh....Welcome....back? :?
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Strangevision
Lann Fisherman

Post by Strangevision »

Welcome to LunarNet!

Good to have you here. :wink:
Mega Magic Flame!

Accepting donations. :)

Moonshadow
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Moonshadow »

Welcome aboard. :P
Those who live by the sword are usually shot by those who don't.

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

Welcome to the boards!

Ugh Sewer Shark. I really hated that game. I loved Sonic CD, however. Sega CD was a great system. I still have most of my games. Unfortunately, I don't own either Lunars. I wanted to get them back in the day but Gamestop(Babbages way back in the day) didn't have any. Bah.

Once again, welcome to the boards!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh Sewer Shark was a lot of fun. It's primitive by today's standards, but it was a really difficult and fun game. Felt like such an accomplishment when you beat it, unlike most games these days...

Anyway, welcome to the boards. Sonic CD is the best non-Lunar game on the Sega CD. It goes something like Lunar 2 > Lunar 1 > Sonic CD > Snatcher > Silpheed > Popful Mail > Vay or so. My personal preference ranks Vay higher, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wow, blast from the past, yeah, I remember you! How's it going man? Welcome to the boards!
-G1

Craig
Saith Pirate

Post by Craig »

Chris wrote:Welcome to the boards!

Ugh Sewer Shark. I really hated that game. I loved Sonic CD, however. Sega CD was a great system. I still have most of my games. Unfortunately, I don't own either Lunars. I wanted to get them back in the day but Gamestop(Babbages way back in the day) didn't have any. Bah.

My SEGA CD and Genesis still run like a beast, but I use KEGA Fusion for my SEGA CD games now, just because the games look better on a monitor. Anyways, im lucky enough to still have my Silver Star and Eternal Blue (always on display, people still ask me what the hell SEGA CD is). Im not sure how expensive they are, but you can always find the SEGA CD Lunars on EBay. The Lunars and Shining Force CD are the only real rare SEGA CD games that I own. And of course I have both PS remakes, the JP Saturn versions of the remakes and Magic School.
-CS

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Hey awesome! An oldbee. :D

Welcome to the boards!!!!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

HOLY CRAP! I remember you!! ::hug:: What's up?!
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

Craig wrote:
Chris wrote:Welcome to the boards!

My SEGA CD and Genesis still run like a beast, but I use KEGA Fusion for my SEGA CD games now, just because the games look better on a monitor. Anyways, im lucky enough to still have my Silver Star and Eternal Blue (always on display, people still ask me what the hell SEGA CD is). Im not sure how expensive they are, but you can always find the SEGA CD Lunars on EBay. The Lunars and Shining Force CD are the only real rare SEGA CD games that I own. And of course I have both PS remakes, the JP Saturn versions of the remakes and Magic School.

My Sega CD is long dead. I miss it. I can't find the BIOS to play my Sega CD games on my computer, which sucks because I want to play The Terminator with its awesome soundtrack. Lemme think what games I have: Sonic CD, The Terminator, Sewer Shark, Final Fight CD, The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin(probably my favourite game on Sega CD), Lethal Enforcers, & Mortal Kombat(KRAP). These aren't really any rare games but most of them are fun & make me feel nostalgic everytime I play them. I wish I had the versions of Lunar that you have. I just have both PS versions complete, which is still pretty cool because they were really hard to come by where I live.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://emucation.com/emulator.php

Just download the BIOS on that page and you're set.
-G1

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

Thanks a bunch, G1!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

An oldbie eh? Well, I'm a semi-oldbie, so nice to meet you ^_^;

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

An oldbie eh? Well, I'm a semi-oldbie, so nice to meet you ^_^;

Actually, this is a guy from a REALLY long time ago. If I remember right, probably 6-7 years ago.

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Then he's like...Grandpa-old...Why is everyone so old? :?.... :twisted:
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Etherest wrote:Then he's like...Grandpa-old...Why is everyone so old? :?.... :twisted:

This reminds me of when I was talking to my little nephew (about 5 or so). I was like

Me: So how old are you? 20?
Him: ::shakes head:: not that old!
Me: 15?
Him: ::shakes head:: no....
Me: Hm, 10 then?
Him: Getting closer!
Me: Five then?
Him: Yep! How old are you?
Me: Guess, I'm really old!
Him: Are you... 15?
Me: No, that's young!
Him: Are you... 30?
Me: Hey I'm not that old!
Him: 20?
Me: Yep, well close, I'm 21.
Him: That's old!

Aw, he's so cute. He's really a talkative one, too. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Etherest wrote:Then he's like...Grandpa-old...Why is everyone so old? :?.... :twisted:

Hahahaa! You've got to be 10. Is that what it is? 10? Because 20s and early 30s isn't really that old.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Well, you see, I'm not exactly sure. It's just... whenever I wake up in the morning, I find that it's the continuation from the previous day, and so on. I used to not notice it so much. I would happily play in the McDonald's Playplace and would have a blast at recess. Then... gradually... I began to move through different grades, and my height quickly exceeded the McDonald's Playplace safety limits. It hurt... for a while. But then I realized, hey, now I can run faster and beat up little kids!

And except for the beating up of little kids, I haven't stopped since. ^_^

Craig
Saith Pirate

Post by Craig »

Hmm, I guess 5 years is right, back in the heyday of ANT on AOL, those message boards were good times. I wouldnt call 22 grandpa old, heh.
-CS