FF 7: Advent Children pushed back again

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

FF 7: Advent Children pushed back again

Post by Roas Atrades »

According to a blurb I just read on Animenewsnetwork, AC is being pushed back to 1-10-06 release because they are toying with a limited theatrical release.

So, do you want to watch you FF 7 in the privacy of your home, with possibly a couple of other gaming buddies, or go to a theater and watch it with what will most likely be a small army of nutty fanboy and fangirls who are complete and utter tools.

....yes....as the theme continues....I hate fanboys/girls :twisted:
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I was wondering what had happened to this.

I'd thought it should've been out by now.

But, these people never let well enough alone.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: FF 7: Advent Children pushed back again

Post by Zophar »

Roas Atrades wrote:According to a blurb I just read on Animenewsnetwork, AC is being pushed back to 1-10-06 release because they are toying with a limited theatrical release.

So, do you want to watch you FF 7 in the privacy of your home, with possibly a couple of other gaming buddies, or go to a theater and watch it with what will most likely be a small army of nutty fanboy and fangirls who are complete and utter tools.

....yes....as the theme continues....I hate fanboys/girls :twisted:

Good lord, I am starting to wonder if they are ever going to release this movie in America.

wisequark
Decrepit Old Dragon

Post by wisequark »

yeah, miss the holiday season. real smart square. i swear, their turning into microsoft and i'm turning into john dvorak. god help us all.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

It was supposed to be released at the same time as the Japanese version release. What the hell happened there eh? :P

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Roas Atrades wrote:So, do you want to watch you FF 7 in the privacy of your home, with possibly a couple of other gaming buddies, or go to a theater and watch it with what will most likely be a small army of nutty fanboy and fangirls who are complete and utter tools.

Yes, this is the problem. I would go see AC on the big screen, but having to go with my <shudder> peers would spoil it. Just get the damn DVD out. What is it now, a 4 month gap? If SE loses sales to piracy, I don't have any sympathy for them at this point.
「まあいいけど。」

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Shiva Indis wrote:Yes, this is the problem. I would go see AC on the big screen, but having to go with my <shudder> peers would spoil it. Just get the damn DVD out. What is it now, a 4 month gap? If SE loses sales to piracy, I don't have any sympathy for them at this point.

Good lord, I am starting to wonder if they are ever going to release this movie in America.

Yes, because we know that, after the US waited nearly 20 years for a decently dubbed version of Nausicaa and several years for the remake of Lunar TSS domestically, a 4 month gap is so close to forever that it cannot be withstood. ;)

I honestly don't see what the rush is. ^^;;; Limited theatrical release... okay, I can see the reason in not liking that. But complaining about the delay because it's too long... feel fortunate that it isn't taking longer, that it's coming over at all, despite the fact that so many people have already seen it, whether by import or less savory means.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

It hasn't been released here yet? I got it to review over a month ago.... wow.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

snaztacular
Lostest Boy

Post by snaztacular »

I downloaded it because I couldn't wait, and it was definitely worth it. Straight to buy for me when it comes out. It is annoying though, all the delays. I remember only a few months ago when they were touting a simultaneous release in US and Japan :roll:

Kobalt
Lann Fisherman

Post by Kobalt »

Does anyone when it will be coming to the states?
No one can know the path that I walk.

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Kobalt wrote:Does anyone when it will be coming to the states?

I know I've said someplace in some thread that it was pushed back to March/April 2006.

Ask any guy in a Gamestop and they'll tell you that.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me