Sega CD Snatcher

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
gillianseed84
NPC
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sega CD Snatcher

Post by gillianseed84 »

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know about an auction on ebay for my sealed copy of Snatcher for Sega CD. This game was created by Hideo Kojima, creator of Metal Gear Solid and it's next to impossible to find a sealed copy of this game. It's a once in a lifetime auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

The game has similar art direction comparable to Lunar and thought all of you might like to join and discuss this game in this thread with me. What are your thoughts about the game?

Thanks a bunch

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Is this the same Gillian Seed as in the owner of junkerhq.com? Just curious. And yes, this is pretty damn rare, and is right up there with the Lunar's in terms of most sought after on the system.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Heh. I'd like to pick up the game, but a sealed copy would be wasted on me since I actually want to play it. :P I think the only things I've kept sealed are the WD guides, and that's mainly because both zq and I got them and he never opened his. Which kind of sucks since now I can't find my SSSC one and don't want to unwrap his to look stuff up.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I saw Snatcher on sale at Otakon, actually. Pretty rare find, but I didn't pick it up since the only thing to do would've been to sell it (and I still have both my Sega CD and Saturn copies of Snatcher).

Snatcher is still one of my favourites. I replayed it on Saturn not too long ago, in fact. Still good after all these years. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

My friend had an SSSC guide, which I used for a little while (poor Fidy!) but he carelessly lost it, along with half of his SSSC box.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

That's pretty sweet, but not $100+ sweet. ^^; Alas, I will still have no Snatcher.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I still think it's kind of strange how the original owner bought it, and didn't open it only to sell it on e-bay almost a decade later. So he had an unopened copy of Snatcher sitting around for years and didn't use it/ sell it/ throw it out (God forbid). Maybe he was some kind psychic who knew it'd be worth something years later. But if that were the case he'd also have the Lunars and Popful Mail for sale. :wink:

No matter what, whoever buys it is pretty lucky.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's not that rare for someone to keep an unopened copy of a game. People do it all the time. Someone was selling an unopened copy of Dragon Warrior IV (or was it III, whichever of the NES ones were the rarest). That thing went for an insane price.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, and sealed SegaCD Lunars have gone on eBay too. One was TSS disc 5; the seller was sure it was that disc art because he'd had a box of them from a store and all the others were disc 5. But he hadn't opened to check, of course. Wish I could remember what that went for, but since I got all mine used it isn't really relevant to me.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I now feel like an idiot.

I had a huge library of NES games once. Including all 4 Dragon Warriors. Of course, I PLAYED the games quite extensively back then. Many hours of my young life went into those...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

The Lunar disc art thing is enough to drive a collector crazy! I remember a bunch of Lunar listings saying which edition of the art they were. I think there were 8 in total, but how many were there?

My copy of EB has Hiro on a mountaintop with the rest of the characters in the background. How can I find out which # that is?

One more thing... I know the re-release of the PSX version had fan art, but are there multiple versions of that too?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

EB from Sega CD didn't have multiple disc art. Only TSS, SSSC and EBC did.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

TSS has 7 sets of disc art. In the interview at the end of the EB manual Vic says 8, but if there's an eighth it's WD's best-kept secret ever. They've had pictures of all seven up on their site for at least the last six years.

EB is only the one, sadly.

SSSC had four sets for the collector's edition, and one fan art edition. That last was a fairly small run, too. Those are also all on the WD site and should be the correct sets...about five emails went between me and their webmaster getting it right.

EBC has two sets. A third was planned, but never printed. The second set is considerably smaller in distribution, it seems.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Ok, cool. Thanks.