Drama, split from: Activism, Social Justice, Protests and you: The Political Discussion Containment Thread

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Drama, split from: Activism, Social Justice, Protests and you: The Political Discussion Containment Thread

Post by Arlia »

Oh man. You guys. Just shut up already. First, it was constant crap about your stupid relationship that NEVER ENDED. Fake pregnancy announcements, relationship on/off crap, the whole 9 yards. You guys have completely destroyed this forum, and I encourage everyone to just LEAVE IT. Because people will come onto your forums and see this, and wonder why no one told you to SHUT UP with this BS. I just did, because you humiliate Lunar (which is about the harmony of male and female coming together- you were looking at that most of your GD life, and were too stupid to notice) and anyone who might stumble across it.

You want to talk about Lunar, go ANYWHERE else. Crazies have taken over what's unfortunately a top Google result for some Lunar related things, but, apparently the admit is either a feminazi as well, or has just given up.

You'd do well to remember I've basically been the most constructive member in a long time, with the magazine, demo, and collection pics. Things no one had seen before, and brought new life and discussion to a mostly stagnant series. I've actually found new stuff, but, haven't shown it because of this non-sense. So, you are indeed harming your own community.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Activism, Social Justice, Protests and you: The Political Discussion Containment Thread

Post by Alunissage »

Arlia. You are free to refrain from reading threads that explicitly discuss things that don't interest you. Indeed, it's right there in the title of the thread: Political Discussion Containment Thread. That is, contained here so it doesn't spill over into the rest of the forum. Why is this difficult? I don't read threads about movies I haven't and won't seen, TV series ditto, holiday observances I don't observe, and so on. There's a reason there are separate boards for Lunar and non-Lunar stuff.

Your contributions with the merchandise are valued -- especially by me, as you know. I would like to see what you have. But if you feel it is impossible to contribute to the Lunar-specific corpus while the non-Lunar discussions exist, then... well, that is your decision and I am sorry to hear that, but it's probably best that you refrain.

It might be possible to hide this board from you so you're not exposed to viewpoints so different from your own; would that help?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Drama, split from: Activism, Social Justice, Protests and you: The Political Discussion Containment Thread

Post by Sonic# »

I split this topic from the other one, because neither post was really about activism or the other things identified by the OP. It seemed instead to be an opportunity to attack the posters involved.

Arlia, this is an official warning. Let it go. As Alunissage said, your contributions are valued, but your inability to tolerate and respect fellow members who disagree with you is getting in the way of that. If you can't look past other people's opinions enough to not call them "too stupid to notice" an interpretation they disagree with, or to call the admin "feminazi" for not agreeing with your admin style, you're the problem.

Note the name of this subforum: "Almost Anything Goes." That means basically anything except personal attacks. Keep that in mind.

I'm locking the thread, but feel free to PM questions or concerns.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time