Any big events anyone is going to?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Any big events anyone is going to?

Post by Alunissage »

Any special occasion? Coffee-related? =)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

No special occasion. Two of my best friends from graduate school moved to Seattle (one almost a year ago and one at the beginning of September). I think I am going to try to time it when a band I like is in Seattle which shouldn't be hard. Bands I like tend to play Seattle quite often.

I'm trying to earn a bit more vacation days first. Also, and this is a tad embarrassing to admit, I also am thinking about coinciding the trip with my girlfriend's vacation to Disney World with her parents. I just don't want to be constantly sending texts during her family time so I think I need my own adventure to keep self busy (there are a few things embarrassing here if anyone would like to deconstruct it). I need to get my stuff straight, though or I could lose PTO.

I definitely will try some coffee while I am there though. My friend Dean is a coffee fanatic, and I am sure he will have some great recommendations when I see him. He is planning to buy an espresso machine with his first pay check.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I'm helping at a BCSPCA event this Saturday! I get to sell raffle tickets, highlight of my week lol

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

I'll be at MAGFest as usual this year. I always go with the guy who started it back in Roanoke, VA. We usually just run around from concert to concert and work some of the panels! Hopefully we could meet up with some people from here this time around.
-WKL

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Well the concert is officially over and it was AMAZING. :D I loved every second of it.

Not sure if it will work(since it's on my FB), but here's a snippet from it. VIDEO Be cautious the bass was too much for my phone in parts. ^^'' It was their 'last' song of the night, before they came back out to do one more.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Lots of stuff coming up!

Fest 14 in Gainsville FL the 30th-1st for my bachelor party

Getting married November 14th

Pokemon Symphonic evolutions concert December 4th

Its gonna be a good rest of the year!

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

Hirox wrote:Lots of stuff coming up!

Fest 14 in Gainsville FL the 30th-1st for my bachelor party

Getting married November 14th

Pokemon Symphonic evolutions concert December 4th

Its gonna be a good rest of the year!
Congratulations!! That's so exciting!! How'd you two meet? (:

And @Imperial Knight I just did my background research.. More than anything I appreciate a good comedy act. Was it stand up, though? Just curious.

@Kaiya-Sky I'm pretty sure when selling raffle tickets is the highlight of your week you know you're devoted to the love of animals :3

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Ηiro wrote: And @Imperial Knight I just did my background research.. More than anything I appreciate a good comedy act. Was it stand up, though? Just curious.
Yes, it was stand-up. The comedy style was much heavier on stories than on quick jokes, and indeed a lot of the humor derived from the ways in which two stories interacted or from a callback to an earlier story. In fact, I remarked to my brother after the show that it felt like I would have a hard time retelling any of the jokes without covering so much background that I'd basically have recreated the entire show.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Congrats, Hirox! ^o^

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

brit wrote:Congrats, Hirox! ^o^
Thank you very much!

and @Hiro, 10 years ago in high school :) January would be our 10 year anniversary but I guess we are replacing that date with November 14th! and thanks!