Any big events anyone is going to?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Ηiro
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Any big events anyone is going to?

Post by Ηiro »

Sheer curiously! Is anyone planning on any cons, concerts, weddings... I'd love to hear what everyone is looking forward to.

Candle lit bubblebaths?

Anything.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Any big events anyone is going to?

Post by Alunissage »

Two weddings to attend in November. Hopefully MAGfest early next year. Bubble baths are currently out of the question as the tub has a large litterbox in it (and the presence of the cats would also preclude candles).

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I'm going to the ONE OK ROCK concert at the House of Blues on Sept. 29th. It's going to be my first time seeing them live so I'm pretty excited about that. I tried to see them last year with a friend but never got around to it.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

brit wrote:I'm going to the ONE OK ROCK concert at the House of Blues on Sept. 29th. It's going to be my first time seeing them live so I'm pretty excited about that. I tried to see them last year with a friend but never got around to it.
yessss - are you flying solo or is your friend going with this year?
Alunissage wrote:Two weddings to attend in November. Hopefully MAGfest early next year. Bubble baths are currently out of the question as the tub has a large litterbox in it (and the presence of the cats would also preclude candles).
Who's getting married! Also MAGfest sounds amazing.. what would you be hoping to do/see? I think putting a litterbox in the bathtub is super smart for cleanup.. We get little pebbles everywhere..

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

No. My friend who likes them can't go because it's a Tuesday night and she'd have to fly up from Florida, so I'm dragging my one roommate with me instead. She's not really a fan, but she's also never really heard of them before. I did give her a document via e-mail that kind of gave her everything she'd need to know from band members to their most popular songs in the U.S. and their new album info a few months back now. So she won't be completely in the dark. ^^'

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

Haha roommate bonding! I'd love to hear how it goes, I believe you two are still just getting acquainted?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My brother-in-law (my husband's older brother) is getting married at the end of November, and one of my husband's best friends from high school is getting married in early November. They'll probably be pretty different weddings; the first will take place on a ranch in Saskatchewan and the second will include tea ceremony in Vancouver. Should be interesting, and I met my future sister-in-law last month and liked her very much. Spouse and I are also hoping to get to visit his younger brother in Saskatchewan, and of course he'd also be at the Vancouver wedding, so this is a lot of in-law visiting for me this year. Good thing I like them. :)

As for MAGfest, well, Kizyr and Jenner go every year and so we're hoping to meet up with them at some point, and a couple other people here sometimes get to it. Spouse also has a group of friends who go. Neither of us has been to any sort of con other than E3 so it'll be a new experience.

We have twelve cats, so there's a LOT of litter in our house. And some very big litterboxes. We get large storage bins and cut doorways into them.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Ηiro wrote:Haha roommate bonding! I'd love to hear how it goes, I believe you two are still just getting acquainted?

No. I’ve known her for quite awhile actually. She’s my older sister’s best friend since middle school. They (her and her sister – because I technically live with both of them right now) moved to the area I think when she was an 8th grader. Plus back home we literally lived about six houses down from each other. She actually invited me to come with her on my birthday when she came to give me a card. ^^

As for hanging out with her – I haven’t done it too much. Her younger sister and I were good friends when I was a senior in high school and Natalie (the sister) was a freshman. Though we really only have about three things in common other then background stuff. We all like super hero films (both Marvel and DC), Harry Potter, and reading books.

They only games they know when it comes to video gaming are Spyro, Epic Mickey, and Legend of Zelda (They also think LOZ and Final Fantasy are the same thing…)

But yeah. The concert should be fun. Em doesn’t get off work till later though so we might not get there till after 6:30 (it starts at 7(seating at 5), but if she’s totally gonna have me running way too late I’ll just go ahead and she can meet me inside if she wants). I bought the tickets almost 3 months ago now and I’m way too excited to miss it. ^o^

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

brit wrote:
Ηiro wrote:Haha roommate bonding! I'd love to hear how it goes, I believe you two are still just getting acquainted?

No. I’ve known her for quite awhile actually. She’s my older sister’s best friend since middle school. They (her and her sister – because I technically live with both of them right now) moved to the area I think when she was an 8th grader. Plus back home we literally lived about six houses down from each other. She actually invited me to come with her on my birthday when she came to give me a card. ^^

As for hanging out with her – I haven’t done it too much. Her younger sister and I were good friends when I was a senior in high school and Natalie (the sister) was a freshman. Though we really only have about three things in common other then background stuff. We all like super hero films (both Marvel and DC), Harry Potter, and reading books.

They only games they know when it comes to video gaming are Spyro, Epic Mickey, and Legend of Zelda (They also think LOZ and Final Fantasy are the same thing…)

But yeah. The concert should be fun. Em doesn’t get off work till later though so we might not get there till after 6:30 (it starts at 7(seating at 5), but if she’s totally gonna have me running way too late I’ll just go ahead and she can meet me inside if she wants). I bought the tickets almost 3 months ago now and I’m way too excited to miss it. ^o^
They think Zelda and FF are the same thing ): that hurts me a little.. Haha. The concert just sounds like a great outting.. But it does sound like everyone has a lot of similarities. That should make everything easier..
Alunissage wrote:My brother-in-law (my husband's older brother) is getting married at the end of November, and one of my husband's best friends from high school is getting married in early November. They'll probably be pretty different weddings; the first will take place on a ranch in Saskatchewan and the second will include tea ceremony in Vancouver. Should be interesting, and I met my future sister-in-law last month and liked her very much. Spouse and I are also hoping to get to visit his younger brother in Saskatchewan, and of course he'd also be at the Vancouver wedding, so this is a lot of in-law visiting for me this year. Good thing I like them. :)

As for MAGfest, well, Kizyr and Jenner go every year and so we're hoping to meet up with them at some point, and a couple other people here sometimes get to it. Spouse also has a group of friends who go. Neither of us has been to any sort of con other than E3 so it'll be a new experience.

We have twelve cats, so there's a LOT of litter in our house. And some very big litterboxes. We get large storage bins and cut doorways into them.
Hahaha it IS a good thing you like them. I generally enjoy the idea of going to weddings. Plus I think it's great to see two people creating a union as an expressive act. MAGfest sounds awesome.. I'd love to hear those stories when it happens. TWELVE CATS! That sounds amazing. I wouldn't know where to pet.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

My brother is coming to town next week and we're planning to go see a John Hodgman show.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, Jenner and I did MAGClassic (a smaller version of MAGFest -- about 500-700 people instead of the 20000+ that is the main MAGFest) last weekend, which was quite fun, at least for me. Next week we'll be in Nashville celebrating Eid-ul-Adha with my family.

And, of course, I'm still planning on going to MAGFest as usual next year (it's in mid-February this time).

Between those two events, though, nothing else is really planned... I'd like to fit in a little vacation or something elsewise though since I have the time for it, but I haven't figured on where to go. ...or maybe I'll just stay home the whole time, eat ice cream, and play video games.
Alunissage wrote:They'll probably be pretty different weddings; the first will take place on a ranch in Saskatchewan and the second will include tea ceremony in Vancouver.
Oh! That sounds great. I'm... not really personally interested in going to Saskatchewan any time (...a little too rural), but I have been wanting to go to Vancouver for some time now.
Alunissage wrote:As for MAGfest, well, Kizyr and Jenner go every year and so we're hoping to meet up with them at some point, and a couple other people here sometimes get to it. Spouse also has a group of friends who go. Neither of us has been to any sort of con other than E3 so it'll be a new experience.
...well, if you're planning on going to MAGFest, you may want to make plans soon. The Gaylord hotel sold out in 24 hours, leaving just the overflow hotels (Jenner and I actually had to get one of the overflow hotels -- though we got the one directly across the street -- since I made the mistake of waiting an extra day before registering and booking the hotel). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

We did get a reservation at the Gaylord, for Wed-Sun, but even though this was an hour or two after the block opened, the last day was already sold out, so we have a second reservation at the Westin. Our travel arrangements haven't happened yet so we don't know if we'll need that last day or not.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

My friend and I are going to hopefully be doing panels at a local convention at the end of October while bumming around the arcade and trying to advertise our stream for more local support every chance we get.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Ηiro wrote:They think Zelda and FF are the same thing ): that hurts me a little.. Haha. The concert just sounds like a great outting.. But it does sound like everyone has a lot of similarities. That should make everything easier..
Tell me about it. T^T The concert is really the only thing i'm really looking forward to. I do have one problem though. I have no idea if we'll have time to eat before the concert. with Em running late I really can't see us going somewhere to go sit down before it starts. However, she specifically brought it up... So I think she plans to. ^^''
Ardent Fox wrote:My friend and I are going to hopefully be doing panels at a local convention at the end of October while bumming around the arcade and trying to advertise our stream for more local support every chance we get.
That could be fun. ^^ What do you stream?

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:We did get a reservation at the Gaylord, for Wed-Sun, but even though this was an hour or two after the block opened, the last day was already sold out, so we have a second reservation at the Westin. Our travel arrangements haven't happened yet so we don't know if we'll need that last day or not.
Oh lucky you! {^^} When you say Wed.-Sun., do you mean you're checking out from the Gaylord on Sunday and then checking into the Westin for Sunday night? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Actually, it's that our Westin reservation is Wed-Mon, so we'd be cancelling one of them. Hopefully we can decide that soon and free up the other one for someone. It's just a bit of a logistical headache, since in addition to dealing with five-hour flights we need to arrange cat-sitting.

By the way, I hope you guys will be able to spare an evening for me, or at least not mind my hanging out with you. ^_^ At least one evening I-Gene will be hanging out with friends without me, since it's likely to be rowdier than I'm up for.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

brit wrote:That could be fun. ^^ What do you stream?
Allow me to direct you to this thread where you can check out a link to the channel and more information!

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

Imperial Knight wrote:My brother is coming to town next week and we're planning to go see a John Hodgman show.
As I really enjoy hearing directly versus doing my research... what type of show would this be?

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Ηiro wrote:
Imperial Knight wrote:My brother is coming to town next week and we're planning to go see a John Hodgman show.
As I really enjoy hearing directly versus doing my research... what type of show would this be?
Comedy. Hodgman is perhaps best known for his appearances as a correspondent on The Daily Show. He also played the part of the PC for Apple's "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" ad campaign.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I am going to Seattle soon, but I don't know when.