What chat you recommend

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
eddies21
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What chat you recommend

Post by eddies21 »

AD

eddies21
Meryod Yokel

Re: What chat you recommend

Post by eddies21 »

LOL AD

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

..lol

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I think my favorite part of this one is just how little effort was put into it. I mean, even the person who spammed ads for browser based MMOs made some tiny attempt to appear to be a regular user with one or two posts that weren't blatant advertising.

But this person's MO seems to be quantity over quality.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The spam has been dealt with. The funny thing is that it seemed very ineffective - I had to read it to figure out that it was spam, but the posts were so uninteresting I didn't want to. I don't even remember what they were selling.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Sonic# wrote:The spam has been dealt with. The funny thing is that it seemed very ineffective - I had to read it to figure out that it was spam, but the posts were so uninteresting I didn't want to. I don't even remember what they were selling.
Spammers should watch commercials to know proper advertising. If I was to get alzheimers and dimentia combined, I would still know the number and the jingle for J.G. Wentworth. As much as I hate it, that's probably the best commercial in terms of doing what it's supposed to.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Sonic# wrote:The spam has been dealt with. The funny thing is that it seemed very ineffective - I had to read it to figure out that it was spam, but the posts were so uninteresting I didn't want to. I don't even remember what they were selling.
I've actually seen worse. There was once a spammer who made a topic on lunareb.com* hawking plates with animal designs on them. What was even worse than the bland, generic description of them was that the spammer forgot to include a link to somewhere to buy them or even any information about the brand, which really defeats the purpose of advertising. It's like if someone ran a commercial saying "buy our hamburgers" but didn't mention which restaurant they were.

*I can't believe it's been nearly ten years since those boards were active.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Imperial Knight wrote:I think my favorite part of this one is just how little effort was put into it. I mean, even the person who spammed ads for browser based MMOs made some tiny attempt to appear to be a regular user with one or two posts that weren't blatant advertising.

But this person's MO seems to be quantity over quality.
Yeah... it looked bot-ish when I approved the register, but it was enough of a close call that I went ahead and let it in. Usually if it's uncertain, it's safer to let one in and just clear it out afterwards...

Usually... Back before the challenge question it was the opposite. Man, those bots were like zombie hordes. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Glad bot people not here. Mess up forums for bad. We not want them exist. I back now to computing homework my cool dude's.

Oh, Forgot to talk. I have great thing for you. Just click on friendly link to good buy's. http://www.sega-saturn.com/

Hope all day is best for you friendly face :}.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Personally, I recommend AIM. If the author wants to chat, s/he can PM me for my handle. ASL.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Funny thing is AIM is actually the last messenger I actually used.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I actually clicked the link because I probably haven't seen that page in many years. It's crazy how tiny it is now on my nice shiny Mac screen vs the small resolutions of 1999 PCs. lol

Of course, I can't talk. LunarNET is still built in archaic tables and SEO un-friendly out-dated Flash.
WD RPG WD wrote:Glad bot people not here. Mess up forums for bad. We not want them exist. I back now to computing homework my cool dude's.

Oh, Forgot to talk. I have great thing for you. Just click on friendly link to good buy's. http://www.sega-saturn.com/

-G1

kazuya
Lyton Singer

Post by kazuya »

GhaleonOne wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:21 pm I actually clicked the link because I probably haven't seen that page in many years. It's crazy how tiny it is now on my nice shiny Mac screen vs the small resolutions of 1999 PCs. lol

Of course, I can't talk. LunarNET is still built in archaic tables and SEO un-friendly out-dated Flash.
WD RPG WD wrote:Glad bot people not here. Mess up forums for bad. We not want them exist. I back now to computing homework my cool dude's.

still better than some other forums that advertise protecting users by...exposing then to stalking and harrassment. so this one is way better :)
Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed
by the power you and I possess...
DRAGON SLAVE!