Tumblr?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
brit
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Tumblr?

Post by brit »

Just out of curiosity do any of you have a tumblr? I'd kind of like to follow some of you in a non-stalker way. XD
That and I'm also trying to bring some life in the Lunar tags. They're getting spammed up with Nike shoes, which annoys me. That being said I've been doing photo sets of dialogues and gifsets of certain scenes. (I take requests too!)

If you have one you can leave the url below or send it via pm. Mine is: http://aojiroiemura.tumblr.com
Last edited by brit on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Re: Tumblr?

Post by LUNARverse »

I have one, but I haven't used it in like 18-months. I got tired of all the social justice BS

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

You can all come to my pixel tumblr. I even update it, and I post Lunar.

decadot.tumblr.com
「まあいいけど。」

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Mine is http://shinto-cetra.tumblr.com/ . I don't post that often though.

edit: it's deleted
Last edited by Shinto-Cetra on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:You can all come to my pixel tumblr. I even update it, and I post Lunar.

decadot.tumblr.com
Ok, that's a really great tumblr...

...I still dunno what tumblr is used for. The only one I check regularly is yoisthisracist, but that's not really applicable to this topic... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I have a tumblr, but I don't tend to update that much. The site's crazy social justice warriors scare me.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Kizyr wrote:
Shiva Indis wrote:You can all come to my pixel tumblr. I even update it, and I post Lunar.

decadot.tumblr.com
Ok, that's a really great tumblr...

...I still dunno what tumblr is used for. The only one I check regularly is yoisthisracist, but that's not really applicable to this topic... KF
Neither do I. Then again I don't have a Twitter page and I barely remember to look at FaceBook each day.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I'd thought about putting up a Tumblr for our stream, but I have no idea what I'd put there that I don't already put up for Twitter/Facebook/Reddit/messenger pigeons. Never been a big fan of Tumblr's format personally.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Tumblr is a great way to get morsels of information related to your interests in a format that just barely grazes your consciousness. I enjoy it, but seriously...I'm lucky if I remember a tenth of what I look at. I probably only remember a quarter of what I reblog.
「まあいいけど。」

ShadowAce
Student of Vane

Post by ShadowAce »

I probably should use my tumblr more than I do (which is almost never since a bad break-up). I actually thought about trying to set mine up as some sort of review blog but meh. However, if anyone wants to add me, it's lagmoose.tumblr.com. I'll try to keep it updated more than I have.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm still wondering what the real reason for one is. I mean, everything else can be distilled easily:

Facebook: Communication with everyone, general sharing of information, what you're doing, etc.
Twitter: Share little bits of what you're thinking/reading/doing in text, also some communication
Instagram: Share little bits of what you're thinking/reading/doing in images, also just share photos
Myspace: I have a terrible garage band and/or am stuck in the early 2000s
Google+: I had to sign up for this to use some other Google service
Tumblr: Share images? Share text? Blog? ??? I've seen all of these done in inconsistent formats on various tumblrs, and it just makes me more confused.

So yeah... Not knowing what it's used for, I have no idea if it'd be worth my while to sign up. I have a Twitter handle that I barely use, but at least I know why I barely use it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

My impression has been that Tumblr is a multitool in social media. From one direction, it is a blog community with an upscaled syndication system - people can share all the content and interact through skimming and sharing. It encourages short-form pieces in a media of choice. People can curate channels of content. For me the best tumblrs have some combination of compelling original content and selections of the best pieces fitting a theme.

But yeah. From the other direction it does a little of what the other social media do. Like any multitool, would I find it useful to do the combination of things I want to do, or do I prefer to just have pliers, a wire cutter, and/or an iron file?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time