Guys, can you help me?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Guys, can you help me?

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Okay, I'm about to go ABSOLUTELY CRAZY trying to get this to work. :x

I decided to go ahead and buy the Japanese versions of Lunar TSS, EB, SSS, and EBC. I decided I would play on the discs on emulators since I don't feel like pulling out my PSX, and my Sega CD is currently broke (I could play imports on my Sega CD too D: ). Everything is fine with the PSX versions. The Mega CD version of EB is working fine too.

However...TSS is giving me a HUGE headache! I could not get the thing to even rip at first. I had to update my program for some reason. Once I finally did get it ripped, GENS will run the game to the point where it says "Welcome to the world of Lunar blah blah blah" and then it will freeze. So I tried Fusion, and it will go to the point where Alex is in front of Dyne's grave (with no sound, by the way) and it will freeze.

Just to make sure it was not the disc, I opened GENS again, and it would not play from the CD! I freaked out and went to Fusion. The game plays PERFECT from the CD in Fusion. I guess GENS just won't play the Mega CD of TSS for whatever reason. So I figured out it wasn't something wrong with the CD. The only reason why I don't want to play it from the CD is because I'm playing from a laptop, and the CD drive on here kind of stinks. So the audio is skips a bit.

Now, I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong with the rip, but I need help fixing the problem. The only way I could rip the game was in BIN format. None of the programs I tried would let me rip ISO. Now, since it's BIN format, I need the track (sound) files, don't I? However, I found some weird program that let me rip the tracks as WAVs. I tried putting those in the same folder as the BIN file, and that did not work. Do they need to be Mp3s? Or is even having the tracks going to help? It's weird, because I did NOT need any tracks for the Mega CD version of EB, and it is also a BIN file. EB works fine on GENS, Fusion, and my Wii (emulator on Wii) by the way. For some reason, it's just TSS that's giving me a huge problem.

I might test it on the Sega CD emulation on my Wii here in a bit to see if it works on it (probably not) too. I'll edit this post later if I figure something else out.

Can someone tell me how to rip the Japanese version TSS correctly so I can play it? Or how to get the tracks off of the CD and see if putting them in the same folder as the BIN file will work? Thanks!

parappa
Lyton Singer

Re: Guys, can you help me?

Post by parappa »

Dunno if this will help, but I find with Gens that it does not do a good job of handling CD audio from a ripped iso. You have to supply the CD tracks as separate mp3 files named in a specific way that is described in the docs. It gave me so much trouble with Vay that I ended up running without the CD audio. Eternal Blue is easier to get working because it has no CD audio tracks.

Another thing that might be worth trying is to use a different program to rip your Lunar SSS iso file. I used to use SlySoft CloneCD for this kind of thing, since it has a special mode for ripping game CDs.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Well, I converted the WAV files to Mp3s and put it in the same folder as the BIN file. That didn't work either. GENS is still stuck at that same screen, and Fusion still freezes up right at the beginning at Dyne's grave (I'm assuming because the audio is missing for Nall's dialogue) :(

I guess I'll try to rip it again with the program you suggested and see if that helps anything. I've been using IMGBurn forever now, and it normally works great. That's what I used on the other 3 games and they are all fine. Well, time to try CloneCD! Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Well, CloneCD would only make it an IMG file, so I did that. Then I had to find something to convert the IMG file to something that could be played on Fusion and GENS, so I downloaded MagicISO and converted the IMG to an ISO. The ISO is doing the same thing as the BIN. Fusion still freezing at Dyne's grave, GENS at the "Welcome to the world of Lunar blah blah blah" screen. Any other suggestions, guys?

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

Ah... I feel your pain. Sucks when emulators don't work right. :(

I'm still working on Suikoden II with my PS3. The game seems to freeze up whenever I use the Bright Shield rune's Battle Oath ability, which would be nice to have. But so far that's the only major glitch I've run into.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

This is really the first time I've ever had major emulation problems. I've had minor problems before, but they were all things I was able to fix easily. :(

I don't know if the USA version of TSS would have the same problems, because I had played it with the CD on the emulator a long time ago. I just decided to deal with the audio skipping back then because I played it on a REALLY, REALLY old computer. This was MANY years ago too, lol, and I didn't really know about ripping back then. I guess I could try ripping the USA version and see if it does the same things.

I'm still open to suggestions on getting the Japanese version of TSS to work, lol. I mean, I'll play it with the CD if I have to, but it would be nice not to have the audio skipping. :P

Edit: Yeah, I just tested the USA version of TSS and it does the same thing. It freezes at Dyne's grave (probably because of the lack of audio). So that is my problem, I need the audio to work, but I don't know how to get it to work. :x

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Oh my, I've heard of those emulators and their pains. >_< Your best bet will be lots of google searching. Try forum posts in emulator boards, too.