A few updates on our lives

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A few updates on our lives

Post by Kizyr »

Hi everyone.

Y'all may have noticed I've been a bit quiet lately. Since I finished getting my Master's back in May, all that time was filled in by preparing for my and Jenner's wedding, a big move, and other things.

So, the wedding was last weekend (thanks so much to those of you who were able to make it). And now me and Jenner are at our hotel room in Tokyo enjoying our three week honeymoon. We'll be going to about 5 different cities here (besides Tokyo, there's Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, and Miyajima).

So both me and Jenner will be a bit sparse in the next few weeks. But expect lots more news once we get back! ...I hope. I swear there's like 3-4 projects that I've already gotten started on that I'm only now having time to finish. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: A few updates on our lives

Post by Aaron »

Congrats. Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon. Best of love to you both. Hope you are happy together for the rest of your lives.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Have fun! And when you go shopping for Lunar merch, don't forget that I'll be sending you Lunatic Parade Vol 2 and the reprint of the Vheen manga, so don't buy them. (I also have an extra of the Japanese DVD advertising HSS, as well as the SSS nonplayable store demo, but don't know if you're interested in those. The rest of my duplicates are things I'm pretty sure you already have.) My recollection is that you still need the EB soundtrack and Lunar Songs 2; let me know if you find them.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Congrats! Have a fantastic honeymoon!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Enjoy travelling through time and space in the Tardis. Thanks, Jenner for remembering who the Doctor is and bringing him back into existence. At least I'm going to assume that's what happened since I wasn't there.

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

No thread here has ever deserved this next statement more.

PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

:D

Seriously, congratulations and stuff.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

WEDDING CERTIFICATE OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Also, it doesn't count if it's from Kenya.

Here's a fun honeymoon Photoshop project for you two.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Congrats you two! I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon! Have fun in Japan! :D

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Congrats on getting hitched, you two!
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

congratulations on getting married, Hope you have a great honey moon.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Oh, that sounds like a wonderful trip. Probably I'm too late to make itinerary suggestions, but are you aware of the wonders of Nakano in Tokyo for rare merchandise?
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:Oh, that sounds like a wonderful trip. Probably I'm too late to make itinerary suggestions, but are you aware of the wonders of Nakano in Tokyo for rare merchandise?
It's not too late. Where is Nakano? Do you have an address or anything? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

A little later than I meant to (just got internet back at home after being out of town for a while) but congrats! And Kiz (or Jenner), message me your address when you get some time. I've got something to send you guys.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Kizyr wrote:It's not too late. Where is Nakano? Do you have an address or anything? KF
Your goal is Nakano Broadway, a rabbit warren of a building full of pop culture-related shops, often second hand (and thus a good bet for this fandom).

Directions: Take a train to Nakano Station on the JR Chuo Line, exit to the west and you should see an entrance to the Nakano Sun Mall shopping arcade. Walk straight through Sun Mall and you'll be at the entrance to Broadway.

Visual reference!
http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25749/ ... adway.html
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Thanks! We'll be in Tokyo the last two days of the trip, so we'll try and stop by then. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Hey, so we spent some time in Osaka's Den Den Town, and found some great stuff. Among them, we found the Eternal Blue OST and Lunar Songs 2 -- so with the one Alun will be sending, that means I have all the soundtracks!

I'm still trying to find the Magical School Lunar RPG and a MAGIUS rulebook, however... Those are rather difficult, considering how old the RPG book is. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

How time passes, and lives develop.

Congratulations to the both of you.

Marriage is a wonderful thing (married one and a half years, myself) and I wish you both nothing but love, humility and constant remembrances of what brought you together.

I hope you had a wonderful time on your honeymoon.

Life. A peculiar little thing, isn't it?
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

DeathBeforeDenial wrote:Marriage is a wonderful thing (married one and a half years, myself)
And you're only telling us now??? Though clearly you've been busy. I was wondering not long ago what you were up to. Good to see you. :)

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Likewise Alun. Always a pleasure.

It was a strange thing that brought me back this evening. I settled in to research some oral histories and Lunar-Net just popped into my head, totally unprovoked. I figured I had a few minutes to spare, and I came by. I believe this is the first time I have been to the site in a few years.

I can't claim it to be anything other than the pinnacle of rudeness to just vanish without a trace from a community of kind people I had spent so much time interacting with. For that, I apologize.

Yes, I am married now to a lovely woman. My high-school sweetheart. She is working as a teacher in Los Angeles and I am working as a machinist and still pursuing that flighty temptress known as higher-education.

It's a real pleasure to see so many familiar.....well....not faces, but usernames, verbal styles and signatures etc.

I certainly don't mean to derail the topic, nor detract from the celebration of Kiz and Jenner's wedding but how have you been?
They said that on Saturday evening Arsenius used to turn his back to the setting sun and stretch out his hands towards heaven and pray until, at dawn on Sunday, the rising sun lit up his face, and then he sat down again.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

DoB, awesome seeing you around here!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."