Alright, now I feel just downright silly.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Alright, now I feel just downright silly.

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I was so worked up about Hurricane Katrina coming to kill everyone in South Florida. After all the craziness last year, my family went all-out in our preparations. We've got a generator, plenty of food, hit the ATM earlier today so we'd have cash if the power went out all over.

And now here we are, sitting at home, with nothing more going on outside than a slightly overblown rain storm.

I think I'll make myself a snack.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You go do that, snacks are teh ub3r. Besides, most of the bad storms last year where category 4s. This was a category 1 :P I always let numbers do the talking for me, it's easier and I don't get headaches.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh, phyco, don't underestimate the beast (HURRICANE!) ... even a light one packs a punch if you're unprepared.

Though a snack does sound in order right now. :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Preparing for something like that's normal. Remember the Y2K panic where in small towns throughout the US people were buying canned goods, toilet paper and other supplies? Or how suddenly duct tape was flying off the shelves because people were told they needed it? My family make me buy gas on Sept 11, just in case the prices would skyrocket. It's better to be safe than sorry, even if safe does make you feel kinda "silly."

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Make a sandwich.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I remember the long lines on september 11th. We all got gas ( Of course, I couldn't drive yet :P So technically *I* didn't get the gas) at the gas station. There are two gas stations right across the street from each other in that part of Fountain, and on had 10 pumps, the other 6 I believe, and the line of cars stretched well out into the street and even down the street. It was wicked crazy, sort of what happened in the 1970s with the oil embargo against the US was in effect.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Well, now I'm learning that the storm hit pretty bad south of me, around the Miami. 4 deaths, and about 1 million people without power still. I guess I got lucky.