Snowpocalypse 2011

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Snowpocalypse 2011

Post by LuNaRtIc »

So those of us in the midwest are going to die soon. If all the snow and ice doesn't kill us first, the endless shoveling of it afterward definitely will.
It was nice knowing all of you! ;0;
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Re: Snowpocalypse 2011

Post by Asmodean »

It's good times up here in New Hampshire as well. What was supposed to start tomorrow for us was here when I woke up today. No lunches with friends for me. Just Pokemon, DC Universe Online, and Chelsea Lately.
ImageImageImage

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

PA is rather crappy at the moment as well. Not as bad as other places, but enough to be a pain in the butt. I'm tired of winter. My poor snow-shoveling arms can't handle it anymore. :(

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Michigan is going to get hit pretty hard in about an hour or so now. (Maybe I should have stayed in Arizona for another week? xD) I plan on watching foreign films that my favorite French actress is in. :3 I'm worried though, because I have to be at work at 5am tomorrow to open the store. I don't know how my small car is going to make it in all this snow! ;~;
Last edited by LuNaRtIc on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

It's already started here, and I'm working from home tomorrow.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Got plenty of food, beverages, lights, and batteries. Oh and my cat. Can't be prepared without my cat sitting next to me. :3

My university didn't close until 3:30, but I didn't bother going since my teachers canceled my classes. I'm not going tomorrow either since I'm not doing anything super important in those classes. I'd rather be safe than trying to drive on ice roads to get to my university. Living in the midwest (I live in Indiana) stinks sometimes.

Everyone else who is having winter horrors, be safe!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I've been suffering from the snowpocolypse all month! I'm sick and tired of the snow and shoveling!! >_<
-Nobi

Undine
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Undine »

DUDE I was totally going to start a thread called Snowpocalypse, no lie.

I'm in MA. We're waiting for about 20 more inches on top of what we've already had. We've run out of places to put the snow.

Number of pants I'm wearing right now = 2. Number of pants I froze today = 1.

I have the space heater pointed right at my FACE. Also, hot toddies (snow day tomorrow, no school).

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Pfft. Only thing we got was the border of the storm, culminating in a total of .000000000 inches. We got a lovely dusting, but more so the wind and the cold. Nothing like -20 degree temps with -40 or more wind chill.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I'm in CT and it's HORRIBLE here! It just never ends!! :( We've had at least 3-4 feet of snow already! Probably more if you count the blizzard we had on 12/26!! Man that was a horrible storm!
-Nobi

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

In DC its all rain for this storm. Its going to be 53 degrees tomorrow. We should have some issues with flooding because of all the snow we have on the ground already. Be safe tonight. My friend is in Holland, MI. She says she's scared....?

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

It rained here all day and melted some of the snow, but now all that has frozen. To top it off, we're getting between 1 to 2 inches of ice overnight with hardly any snow. PennDOT is saying there isn't really anything they can do for the ice right now so we just have to deal with it. I can't imagine what some of you other people are dealing with though. 20 inches?!?!? 3 to 4 feet ?!?!? That's insane. Stay safe everyone.

Hoping for a short day of work......

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Pfft, I'd almost kill for several feet of snow. Its ice and cold that I have issues with, snow doesn't bother me one bit =D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

To those of you getting out of school, I shake my fist in envy!

To those of you freezing or huddling with nothing to do, I shake my fist in sympathy!

It's probably better the snow didn't get this far south this time. Our state's entirely blown its snow budget for the year.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

New Hampshire is now full of snow... and we are pushin' it all into Mass. All I've heard from friends is tried to go to work and got into an accident.
Yea... for whatever reason, all the snow is on my days off. But I think I'll be callin' out tomorrow.
ImageImageImage

Undine
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Undine »

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Another Masshole here... While I'm lucky I can work from home when it snows, all the shoveling is taking its toll. I'm running out of places to put it!
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

It was supposed to snow today for us, but hasn't. Guess it missed us. Har har har.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Undine, that picture is awesome. xDD
I heard we're supposed to be getting another two days of snow... but the past two days have been bright and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. Perhaps this is the eye of the storm?? D: lol!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Y'know other than a two day ice storm that shattered my windshield and shut down school for two days straight it really wasn't all that bad this year considering last year DC was shut down for two weeks.

It has been incredibly cold, it's still snowing up here in Ohio. Damn you southern types who actually get to know what spring is.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.