Loud cat is loud...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Loud cat is loud...

Post by Ardent Fox »

Okay, I know there are some cat owners here on the forums so let me pick at your brains for a moment for a solution to my problem.

Altair is a very good cat sometimes when she isn't crazy and trying to get into things. The only real problem with her is the fact that she's very, very vocal and very, very loud. She's not even starved for attention! I try to give her love and affection and sometimes it results in her biting me. I don't understand it. I play with her during the day when I can, I always make sure she has food and water in her bowl but overall she whines and whines almost constantly. It drives me up a wall.

She'll sit outside of my roommates door and meow at them when she knows exactly where I am if she needs attention. She meows so damn loud throughout the apartment that I just don't understand why she can't find me. I'm in the same spot I was only moments ago. I really don't want to get rid of her, she's a very loving cat when she wants to be, she just wont shut up.

She's been spayed as well, so she's not going into heat. I just need a solution that hopefully someone will have. Oh, also, I can't get another cat, I simply don't have the space or money to feed another mouth. Not to mention the last time she was around another cat, she almost killed it.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Re: Loud cat is loud...

Post by Jenner »

Altair doesn't want YOUR pets, she wants your room mate's pets. My kitty Prel is much the same, when she wants time from me she will pester and meow at me and when she wants affection from my room mate she pesters and meows at him. Cats hate having doors closed to them.

Is she ever not meowing or only when there is a door closed?
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

I had a 2 cats (on now living with my dad) and one of them was really volcal too... always came to me and started crying.... well one thing I've noticed was he had bad breath, and he was thiner then his brother... took then both to the vet, and turned out they both had bad teeth... the brother only had a few removed but the other had all his back teeth removed :(... I say check her teeth see if they're bad.... it might also be she's looseing her hearing? and can's hear herself???

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sounds like she wants either into the room, or she wants your roommate attention and not yours. I say shes a hussy and doesn't deserve your attention. Dump her.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

The thing is, my roommate is allergic to her. She didn't want me to get rid of her though and was kind enough to let me bring her to the apartment, but she has to keep the door closed to keep her from getting her stuff all dandered up.

I just kind of wish I knew a way to keep her away from the area. Anything I could possibly spray in front of their door to keep her away from it or overall become disinterested?

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Cats can sense when people are allergic to them. It's too late for your room mate, kitty knows she exists and will do anything she can to make her miserable. She will want in the door and through the house, try playing loud music and wearing headphones, getting a spray bottle and spraying her when she gets too fussy hopefully you can uncondition her. Cats want all of an area to be available to them. Try making an area that is just the kitty's too.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Well, it's come down to the point where I simply can't take care of her anymore. The whining, the getting into things has just driven me up a wall for the last time. For someone with PTSD, it certainly doesn't help me one bit. As a result, I'm finding a better home for her where she can be away from me and my horrible temper.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I'm sorry AF. :/
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

That was a difficult decision, I'm sure. But it's good that you made it.
「まあいいけど。」