Copyrighted and it feels so goooood!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Copyrighted and it feels so goooood!

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

After 2 years of waiting, I finally have my certificate of copyright from the government! Woot! My book is officially copyrighted! XD

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

But now I need to do some research. See, when I sent the book in for copyright, it had no illustrations, and now I plan to add a few. I hope that it'll still be considered a derivative work still...
-Nobi

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Copyrighted and it feels so goooood!

Post by Ardent Fox »

I don't see why it wouldn't.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Congrats!

Oi, but copyright law is so tangled up that it's not worth bothering with to me. Almost every creative endeavor that I've undertaken in my entire adult life I've ended up just copylefting and calling it a day. Then again, I've never been in it for the money before.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Congratulations!~

What's your book about?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Kaiya-Sky wrote:Congratulations!~

What's your book about?
It's (hopefully) the first of a series of 5 (originally 9, I decided to trim a bit) books. It's a romantic comedy with a touch of mystery. Although by "mystery" we're talking Scooby Doo levels here, nothing that elaborate or amazing. XD
-Nobi

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

Awesome! Congrats!
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:
Kaiya-Sky wrote:Congratulations!~

What's your book about?
It's (hopefully) the first of a series of 5 (originally 9, I decided to trim a bit) books. It's a romantic comedy with a touch of mystery. Although by "mystery" we're talking Scooby Doo levels here, nothing that elaborate or amazing. XD
OMG a fellow writer. I've always wanted to copyright my stuff... didn't know it took that long! I'm writing a series too... It's hard to fit it into a genre... It's like a drama series on paper. It's about 9-10 novels and a few spin offs... I even am making one into a game using RPG Maker VX. XD I just gotta get around to finishing things... Would've had stuff done but I kept losing it after computer theft and crashes, ect (isn't that huge of a setback as I've got a filing cabinet full of information, art, and ideas). I've learned to back up and print!