Pets!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Pets!

Post by phyco126 »

So I was looking at Golden Retrievers today. Soooooo expensive! Even if I could look past the money, I found out that they shed quite heavily. I'm not allergic, but I can't stand having hair all over the place. I can barely stand mine (which is an ongoing reason for keeping my hair super short).

No matter, I don't think I'm ready to spend half my time walking the dog and picking up after it, or spending money on repairs from when the dog destroyed something (though from my research, a Golden Retriever is a very well-behaved dog and is likely to not eat my couch or dig up my carpet).

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Awww... poor scared doggy!

Chihuahua's shed. Once in a while with my sister's we'd find tuffs of fur. Mine has a lot of fur though so we find more, and she sheds a lot. Lol, she actually LIKES to be brushed. She even likes being dressed up. She gets excited and gets pissed if you try to take em off.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Well, I spent $512.76 on one of my cats today. She fractured a tooth somehow. I'm not sure I even want to know how. And it also looks like she has some pretty major gum disease that they never noticed during her regular checkups, so they might have to take out a couple more teeth.

Looks like I'm back on a mostly-ramen diet until next semester. And to think, I did have enough saved up to live moderately comfortably over the summer.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Well, I spent $512.76 on one of my cats today. She fractured a tooth somehow. I'm not sure I even want to know how. And it also looks like she has some pretty major gum disease that they never noticed during her regular checkups, so they might have to take out a couple more teeth.

Looks like I'm back on a mostly-ramen diet until next semester. And to think, I did have enough saved up to live moderately comfortably over the summer.
Aw, poor baby! Well...at least ramen is good.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

phyco126 wrote:So I was looking at Golden Retrievers today. Soooooo expensive! Even if I could look past the money, I found out that they shed quite heavily. I'm not allergic, but I can't stand having hair all over the place. I can barely stand mine (which is an ongoing reason for keeping my hair super short).

No matter, I don't think I'm ready to spend half my time walking the dog and picking up after it, or spending money on repairs from when the dog destroyed something (though from my research, a Golden Retriever is a very well-behaved dog and is likely to not eat my couch or dig up my carpet).
I've heard that there are lots of Retrievers in shelters, if you wanted another option. As for the shedding, yes, that's true. We had a black Labrador Retriever growing up, and it seems like she'd shed for a third to a half of a year. This was with lots and lots of brushings and just pulling out tufts of hair. (Although the birds seemed to like it for their nests.) Aside from her puppy years getting teeth, she really didn't destroy all that much.
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Garnet thinks I need to take a break from homework.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

your cat is adorable <3

I've been away from my cats for almost 2 months now, and I'm moving in with my boyfriend and hes allergic to cats (well everything) we're talking about me bringing one with me but it doesn't look good : ( i miss them, but i don't want him feeling terrible all the time.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Adorable cat, Vyse! She (it is a she, right?) is so tiny.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

My cat always thinks I need to take a break from anything I'm doing and pay attention to her.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Rawr!
Attachments
kitty.jpg
kitty.jpg (66.55 KiB) Viewed 14383 times

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

This is me and my kitty. Her name is Cuddles. I love everyone's pets. Give them all a hug for me!!! :lol: