How's Work?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Rez
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: How's Work?

Post by Rez »

Ardent Fox wrote:Considering I didn't reenlist and I'm getting out of the Army, I'd say I hate my job and I'm looking for a new one. But there are several options open to me which is a good thing. So we'll see.
I'm in right now myself. Where were you stationed and how much longer do you have?
I love my job. I get to travel all over the world, meet many interesting people, the pay and benefits are good, and all in all, it's a blast.
-Oh, look at the smarty smart pants with his really smart pants!

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Rez wrote:
Ardent Fox wrote:Considering I didn't reenlist and I'm getting out of the Army, I'd say I hate my job and I'm looking for a new one. But there are several options open to me which is a good thing. So we'll see.
I'm in right now myself. Where were you stationed and how much longer do you have?
I love my job. I get to travel all over the world, meet many interesting people, the pay and benefits are good, and all in all, it's a blast.
Stationed at Ft. Sill for the next month before my ETS date. How about yourself?

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

fates wrote:
Aaron wrote:For the past 9 months I have been jobless. There just wasn't anything worth taking. I didn't want to take a job I could get easily, (like flipping burgers/retail) because it wouldn't really help me. I wouldn't be able to survive financially off it.

But I'm glad I waited, I found a great job now. I have a great wage, my bosses love me, and I work from home. I have never ever had a job where I could actually have lunch with my wife. I spend more time with her now, its been great for our relationship and our cheque book.

I have to say, I'm thinking long term for the first time ever.

Oh and the greatest part is it allows me to go to school while working.
Wow that's pretty awesome. I wish I could find something like that!

I'm trying to find something retail, don't feel like working with food at all because two jobs I had the past were food related and ended horribly. So I'd prefer to never do that again.

But I'm turning up naught. :x
Yeah I can see why you wouldn't. Eventually might attempt retail. Kinda scared to leave, lol. Not like its happening anytime soon anyway. I'm content for now.

Rez
Saith Pirate

Post by Rez »

Ardent Fox wrote:
Rez wrote:
Stationed at Ft. Sill for the next month before my ETS date. How about yourself?
I'm at Ft. Lewis right now, but I may be going to Okinawa soon.
-Oh, look at the smarty smart pants with his really smart pants!

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

I quit my job and am preparing to return to college as a junior after a five year delay. :lol:

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Old_School wrote:I quit my job and am preparing to return to college as a junior after a five year delay. :lol:
Heh, I have yet to go myself. Was gonna go for child care, but I'm starting to dislike children. Though I could tolerate a teacher...*shrug* If I did I would like to be a special ed. one. That or something with computers.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Imperial Knight wrote:
Vyse of Arcadia wrote:
I'm a GTA (graduate teaching assistant.) Furthermore, since I'm a math student...
Small world. I'm also a math grad student working as a TA.
And I was nearly a math grad student. Instead, I became an English one, and I'm a TA now too. I get paid a pittance, but it's enough to live on and, as you said, afford a few small luxuries a month. It's a high-stress job, between doing research, taking courses, TAing, dealing with the college bureaucracy, and preparing for my comprehensive exams, but the department is full of great and kind people, and I enjoy reading, writing, and teaching both. The job market for academics in the field might be terrible, but I hope to find other relevant sorts of work when I get out. If nothing else, I'll start taking Arabic or Chinese (or another job-relevant language) while I write my dissertation. ;)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:I'd go there.
...given the rain and typhoons, I'd personally skip it.
Unless it's like it was in Karate Kid II, then I'd totally go. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

Okinawa is certainly a beautiful place. If I ever get to visit Japan, that's a place I'd want to drop by.