Winter Olympics 2010!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Winter Olympics 2010!

Post by LuNaRtIc »

So, Opening Ceremonies are tomorrow in beautiful Vancouver! I've been really excited to watch the games this year. I'm especially looking forward to the hockey and watching Apolo Ohno in speed skating. :3 Will any of you be following the games? Or do you just tune in occasionally? Or do you completely tune out? lol :lol:
Last edited by LuNaRtIc on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Winter Olympics 2010!

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'll watch some of it for sure. I got into the final days of the X Games. Honestly it's amazing watching the snowboarding and skiing events in high-definition. And I've always wanted to visit that part of Canada too.
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I love the olympics! I am hoping to tune in for some figure skating and hockey. They don't show that much NHL on TV anymore in So Cal so it will be nice to get to watch a few olympic games. Ever since I first watched Cool Runnings i've checked out a little bobsledding during the games as well. (not enough to know anything about it though)

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

GhaleonOne wrote:And I've always wanted to visit that part of Canada too.
Me too! Let's take a trip out there together. I don't have anyone to go with!! :(
And Monde, I totally get the hockey thing. Most of the channels here have been playing nothing but football since October. x_x Thank goodness for the local hockey team. Their games were the only bit of hockey I could watch for a while.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Never been a real big fan of the Olympics, but I still try to catch some it to also see Vancouver in beautiful HD quality :) I also would like to visit there too one day and I have visited Montreal before and, although it's on the opposite coasts of Vancouver and more predominantly French, I liked what I saw of Canada so far :)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

I'm more of a summer olympics kind of person. That's where the judo is... ^_^

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

LuNaRtIc wrote:Me too! Let's take a trip out there together. I don't have anyone to go with!! :(
Let's do it yo!
liquidpolicenaut wrote: I still try to catch some it to also see Vancouver in beautiful HD quality
Yeah, that's what I'm wanting to see. That's half the reason I watched the X-Games.
-G1

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Me and my Family are against it, Vancouver has its problems and could have put the money to much better uses. My auntie wont buy anything with that supports the Olympics and has its logo on it. Im also not looking forward to my dad yelling at the tv because everything is going to be olympic related. My family also laughs at the fact that they have to waste more money shipping in snow since we barley got any this year.
Im also not really into watching sports,the only time i watched the olympics was in the 5th grade, my teacher loved sports and so he show us stuff from it, i remember watching hockey and figuring skating, I sort of like watching figure skating but only when they do fancy stuff i dont like it when they just skate around in circles.
Also they stole all our Jam, in restaurants and stuff you couldn't get any packets of Jam, because the warehouse was empty, so we all know where it was shipped of too.
The area around Vancouver is pretty, the Okanagan is prettier

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm looking forward to figure skating. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Meh, if I'm not participating, I'm not interested. I lost interest a couple of months ago, during some of their adds.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Lunartic we used to have a minor league hockey team in town, it was awesome. I could go and get my hockey fix for $20. But the team stopped playing in 2006. :::time lapse::: Okay so I went to check out why the team stopped playing only to find that they are up and running again. =) New location new owner, i'm stoked. I'm going to have to go to a game soon!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'll watch the skiing a lot! ^_^

And also play Epyx Winter Olympics.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

GhaleonOne wrote:Let's do it yo!
I'm serious! Let's plan out a trip!! Maybe we can visit Kaiya-Sky while we're at it, haha! :D
Kaiya-Sky wrote:Me and my Family are against it, Vancouver has its problems and could have put the money to much better uses. My auntie wont buy anything with that supports the Olympics and has its logo on it. Im also not looking forward to my dad yelling at the tv because everything is going to be olympic related. My family also laughs at the fact that they have to waste more money shipping in snow since we barley got any this year.
Im also not really into watching sports,the only time i watched the olympics was in the 5th grade, my teacher loved sports and so he show us stuff from it, i remember watching hockey and figuring skating, I sort of like watching figure skating but only when they do fancy stuff i dont like it when they just skate around in circles.
Also they stole all our Jam, in restaurants and stuff you couldn't get any packets of Jam, because the warehouse was empty, so we all know where it was shipped of too.
The area around Vancouver is pretty, the Okanagan is prettier
I imagine it must be pretty crazy over there right now! I don't know if I could handle living in a city that was hosting the Olympics. Seems like a hectic time! A friend of mine in Vancouver joked that he was going to run away to Halifax during the games to escape all the crowds and craziness. :P
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I will not be watching as one of the people doing the luge during trials ended up dead when he flipped the luge and went airborn into a metal pole. Nice job not padding your structures! Now they're dedicating the opening ceremony to this person. I didn't research it yet, but it's absolutely horrible.

I prefer the Summer Olympics with those sexy swimmers and gymnasts.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

LuNaRtIc wrote:I imagine it must be pretty crazy over there right now! I don't know if I could handle living in a city that was hosting the Olympics. Seems like a hectic time! A friend of mine in Vancouver joked that he was going to run away to Halifax during the games to escape all the crowds and craziness. :P
I live a little ways away from Vancouver so i dont have to put up with any of the Olympics stuff, but my cousin lived there, and with all the detours its an extra 30 minutes for her, and i cant imagine all the people, a few years ago i went to this other thing in Vancouver and the streets where packed it was crazy and a little scary, so i dont think i would be able to handel all those people around for the Olympics
Silver Phoenix wrote: I will not be watching as one of the people doing the luge during trials ended up dead when he flipped the luge and went airborn into a metal pole. Nice job not padding your structures! Now they're dedicating the opening ceremony to this person. I didn't research it yet, but it's absolutely horrible.
I was just about to mention that, i saw it happen on the news a little awhile ago, the Olympics is already off to a bad start.
The Oympic opening is on the tv in the living room right now, iv watched a little bit here and there the sound was off and i was occupided with my broccoli stealing cat. My Nana is now complaining about how they sung our national anthem, the words were right but they changed to tune of it apparently

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Oh no!!! And just now they had technical difficulties with lighting the Olympic Flame! ;~;
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I will not be watching as one of the people doing the luge during trials ended up dead when he flipped the luge and went airborn into a metal pole. Nice job not padding your structures! Now they're dedicating the opening ceremony to this person. I didn't research it yet, but it's absolutely horrible.

I prefer the Summer Olympics with those sexy swimmers and gymnasts.
Figure skating, man. That's where it's at. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I will not be watching as one of the people doing the luge during trials ended up dead when he flipped the luge and went airborn into a metal pole. Nice job not padding your structures! Now they're dedicating the opening ceremony to this person. I didn't research it yet, but it's absolutely horrible.
It is very sad that Nodar died on the track. And I agree that those steel poles should be padded. However, even if they were would he still have survived crashing into it at 90-95 mph? Hopefully nobody else gets hurt on that track.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

It must be pretty nerve-wracking to sit at the top of that luge track before a race knowing someone died on it. :cry: I'm glad they made alterations to it. Hopefully no one else will get hurt.

On a more positive note, that 1500m short track race last night was really exciting!! I was afraid Apolo wasn't going to medal, it was really lucky those two Korean skaters wiped out just before the finish line. I'm glad Apolo and J.R. Celski both got to medal, that was awesome!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

LuNaRtIc wrote:It must be pretty nerve-wracking to sit at the top of that luge track before a race knowing someone died on it. :cry: I'm glad they made alterations to it. Hopefully no one else will get hurt.
I can't remember who it was but when the media interviewed on luger (sp?) he said the track was boring now. I thought that was a rather interesting response...