How's that weather holding out for you Kizyr?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: How's that weather holding out for you Kizyr?

Post by Ardent Fox »

We're starting to feel some wintery weather out this way again in Oklahoma. Snow is falling and once again post might be closed.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

40 inches of snow?! Send that crap my way! I WANT 40 INCHES OF SNOW!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I'm sick of strong winds and rain. It sounds like a hurricane out there. I would know! We also had very tiny hail yesterday, that was kinda neat. Last time we got snow was about... 3... 4 Christmases ago. It's really rare where I live, like once every ten years.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

We had a big snow storm yesterday as well. My younger brother had school called off. My father is a high school teacher, so he didn't have to go into work. My sister got work off as well, but I wasn't so lucky. I had to go in. :cry: I was so jealous! lol
Business was really slow though, so I was sent home early. :P
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Well I'll be damned. Classes got canceled tomorrow. We have three inches predicted. And this is southern Alabama.

Which also means I have no work tomorrow! I am going to hole up and put a bunch of time into TSS.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Hah. Whatever. We got a SNOWQUAKE!!!!! HARD. CORE.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I heard Dallas, TX was getting snow. It was so strange watching the weather because it had a blanket of snow, a line of hot pink (whatever that is) and then RAIN. ;__; I want snow. Just a little snow. Not 5 feet of snow. XD

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Georgia is getting snow now. >_> Anecdotal reports say that we may well end up with more than we've ever had. This is certainly an unusually heavy one already. It'd covered my car by the time I got from school. (My college, graciously, shut down the campus two hours before it would've closed anyway. And not a moment too soon.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Sonic# wrote:Georgia is getting snow now. >_> Anecdotal reports say that we may well end up with more than we've ever had. This is certainly an unusually heavy one already. It'd covered my car by the time I got from school. (My college, graciously, shut down the campus two hours before it would've closed anyway. And not a moment too soon.)
More than you've ever had? I don't suppose you remember 1993 terribly well, then. At the time of the blizzard, we lived right on the AL/GA border, and we got over a foot of snow.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I haven't lived here long. I lived further north before this. The snow here right now isn't remarkable for me, except that it's been a few years since I've seen it this heavy. :)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

ShindoW wrote:I heard Dallas, TX was getting snow. It was so strange watching the weather because it had a blanket of snow, a line of hot pink (whatever that is) and then RAIN. ;__; I want snow. Just a little snow. Not 5 feet of snow. XD
The pink is freezing rain/sleet. Basically, an ice storm. And I remember getting a little snow when I lived in Dallas, but not much.
-G1

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Baltimore here. We got so much snow we didn't even have anywhere to put it. If we cleaned the sidewalks it went in the streets. If we cleaned the streets it went in the sidewalks.

After the second storm though, everyone came out and cleaned the street so well you could see the bricks once again, it was pretty awesome. Though we have about a 1ft wide path to walk on the sidewalk now as a result...

Also, a huge slab of snow/ice on our roof fell, and it cut the cable wire on the way down. So we've been without TV for a while... :|

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I wish we had taken some during and after photos from all that shoveling... now all we have is the memories.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.